What safety equipment do you have when running chainsaw?

/ What safety equipment do you have when running chainsaw? #91  
Lots of suggestions here, and to be heeded. One very good measure, when possible, is using a pole saw. Of course, the pole saw is no match for very large trees. But many accidents occurr when 'just gonna knock out this little guy'. Those are the kind that jump around a lot, and give the saw freedom to mangle.

/ What safety equipment do you have when running chainsaw? #92  
Lots of suggestions here, and to be heeded. One very good measure, when possible, is using a pole saw. Of course, the pole saw is no match for very large trees. But many accidents occurr when 'just gonna knock out this little guy'. Those are the kind that jump around a lot, and give the saw freedom to mangle.
What we mostly do here is keeping trails cleared. I own three pole-saws and use them for 95% of our sawing. Although I do have a couple of mini battery saws now. My Big regular saw comes out about once per year.

/ What safety equipment do you have when running chainsaw? #93  

Great point. I have a Stihl Kombi unit with the pole saw attachment and besides its intended use its awesome for limbing and trimming at ground level, especially when I need to reach into bushy trees or brush. Saves on my back too.

/ What safety equipment do you have when running chainsaw?
I have a brush saw for small trees. I also have a Kombi pole saw but only use it for limbs.

/ What safety equipment do you have when running chainsaw? #96  
So, something not really touched on much; but the number 1 cause of work place accidents is Slip and Fall; followed by ladders, lifting, and driving accidents. Point being; in all honesty, some of the most dangerous stuff you do with a chain saw is backing away from a tree, with a running saw, while looking up. You might want to really scope the 'backup path' out well, before you start cutting, and maybe spend the minute to remove vines/brush/branches in the way.

Last edited:
   / What safety equipment do you have when running chainsaw?
^^^^^

You raise a good point, which some of us do automatically so we assume everyone does. Another thing I do is set the brake before taking a step. Again, it's so automatic that it's become part of my routine.

/ What safety equipment do you have when running chainsaw? #99  
^^^^^

You raise a good point, which some of us do automatically so we assume everyone does. Another thing I do is set the brake before taking a step. Again, it's so automatic that it's become part of my routine.
You are suppose to set the brake, at the end of each cut.