What Lowes free delivery cost me.

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #21  
I learned a lesson about twenty years ago. Having a ton of wood pellets loaded into the pickup. Driver kept going and crunched the tailgate. Fortunately - the insurance company for the business paid for a new tailgate.

Now if I go for a load of something with the pickup - remove the tailgate - leave it at home. The bumper will stop an aggressive forklift driver.

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #23  
Fortunately, I'm still able to handle my own appliance pickup. Driveway's only ~100' or so no issue there, but my house is 1830s vintage, and the doorways are narrower than in modern homes. Bought a new refrigerator a couple years ago...if it had been 1/2" wider I don't think I could have gotten it in. As it was all doors (both on the house and fridge) had to be removed and still it just barely made it. Had a neighbor help me get it into the house only to discover the doorway to the kitchen was about an inch too narrow (and a very tight turn). Had to go the long way around which entailed moving the couch, several bookcases and a bunch of other furniture to get into the kitchen the back way. I can only imagine the minimum wage delivery guys dealing with that!
My experience with delivery and installation of appliances has been very positive…WHEN I buy these appliances from my local independent appliance store. Those people are professional and not minimum wage employees, and they do whatever it takes to do a proper and clean set up. I agree about the deliver experience when buying appliances from big box stores like Home Depot and Lowes. I quit buying appliances from those places. One thing I discovered about the local appliance stores is that they often carry better brands and have discounted last year’s models that cost no more than the models sold by box stores.

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #24  
My parents just had the honey truck slide off there non snow covered gravel driveway and sink in the leech field. Honey pot company is paying for a repair to 2 lines or epa upgrade depending on what the health department says. They called the health department for guidance whereas my dad asked the guy if he was an idiot for potentially operating a can of worms

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #25  
I have never heard anyone say "I want to be an appliance delivery driver when I grow up."
Most of these guys are there for a pay check and move on when they can find a job that pays more.

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #26  
I can only imagine the minimum wage delivery guys dealing with that!
They'd have no problem....they'd just push harder and something would give I'm sure :)

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #27  
Lowes delivered building material here last spring. They unloaded flatbed with their forklift and damaged forsythia bushes. I posted about it...some even said "they did me a favor" . I wasn't unreasonable and when I complained they sent me $200. In my case they used an independent delivery service, although wife said a Lowe's truck and delivery kid looked to be 18.
Hopefully with your driveway damage they will at least compensate for gravel!

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #28  
Fortunately, I'm still able to handle my own appliance pickup. Driveway's only ~100' or so no issue there, but my house is 1830s vintage, and the doorways are narrower than in modern homes. Bought a new refrigerator a couple years ago...if it had been 1/2" wider I don't think I could have gotten it in. As it was all doors (both on the house and fridge) had to be removed and still it just barely made it. Had a neighbor help me get it into the house only to discover the doorway to the kitchen was about an inch too narrow (and a very tight turn). Had to go the long way around which entailed moving the couch, several bookcases and a bunch of other furniture to get into the kitchen the back way. I can only imagine the minimum wage delivery guys dealing with that!
Down south they would just leave it on the porch !

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #29  
I've had a few companies state that they will not deliver to unpaved roads if the road isn't clear of all snow and/or mud. Liability issues.

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me.
My experience with delivery and installation of appliances has been very positive…WHEN I buy these appliances from my local independent appliance store. Those people are professional and not minimum wage employees, and they do whatever it takes to do a proper and clean set up. I agree about the deliver experience when buying appliances from big box stores like Home Depot and Lowes. I quit buying appliances from those places. One thing I discovered about the local appliance stores is that they often carry better brands and have discounted last year’s models that cost no more than the models sold by box stores.
Our local appliance store does not sell anymore. They just do service calls. They can't compete with the bigger stores.

Lowes does not deliver from their local store. They subcontract to some shitville company in Buffalo.