What Lowes free delivery cost me.

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #11  
Edit: a short account of...

The yellow riding mower I bought for my wife, from the "orange store" is a strong 2nd on my list of Top Ten Delivery Nightmares...

It took 4 days to assemble & ship the mower (from the Heartland to the Left Coast), then it took 13 days for the mower to go the last 30 miles.

They stone walled my idea to pick it up myselft; (dispatcher only works Tues & Wed).

The mower was in the front of the 30' box truck. I had to fork out the entire load with my 3016; the pallets were scattered x 50 linear yards along the gravel road...then I forked it all back in.

The driver was wearing flip flops & couldn't do without his ear buds & music.

The "orange store" compensated us greatly, but the Yellow Mower delivery stays at #2.

Last edited:
   / What Lowes free delivery cost me. #12  
I started to post it's safer to pickup appliances at the store, but then there was that time the box store guys scratched up my tailgate with their forklift loading some rack shelving in my truck.

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #13  
It would be impossible to back that truck out of that driveway without getting the front tires off the sides.

Last thing you needed was a tow truck tearing up the rest of your driveway.

You'll remember this day all next Summer every time you mow..... :(

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #14  
Recently had the propane delivery driver back up 400' of curvy narrow black top drive to reach my tank and a huge paved and gravel around turn area. After he left I see he destroyed a 40" of driveway pavement edge. I called cooperate and they said local dispatch would investigate and make good. Yeah right - 2 weeks, no call - no contact number! Phuckers

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #15  
Recently had the propane delivery driver back up 400' of curvy narrow black top drive to reach my tank and a huge paved and gravel around turn area. After he left I see he destroyed a 40" of driveway pavement edge. I called cooperate and they said local dispatch would investigate and make good. Yeah right - 2 weeks, no call - no contact number! Phuckers
Not sure how that's gonna work out. Keep us posted.

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #17  
You’ll be busy fixing it with your tractor after it dries up.

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #19  
Have a hard time doing that here as the drive is lined with large boulders. Had a Fed Ex truck run into one and he really screwed up his delivery van. Oh well, just sheet metal and a bumper.

/ What Lowes free delivery cost me. #20  
Fortunately, I'm still able to handle my own appliance pickup. Driveway's only ~100' or so no issue there, but my house is 1830s vintage, and the doorways are narrower than in modern homes. Bought a new refrigerator a couple years ago...if it had been 1/2" wider I don't think I could have gotten it in. As it was all doors (both on the house and fridge) had to be removed and still it just barely made it. Had a neighbor help me get it into the house only to discover the doorway to the kitchen was about an inch too narrow (and a very tight turn). Had to go the long way around which entailed moving the couch, several bookcases and a bunch of other furniture to get into the kitchen the back way. I can only imagine the minimum wage delivery guys dealing with that!