What is the oddest machine you have worked on or operated

/ What is the oddest machine you have worked on or operated #31  
david bradley walk behind tractors. I had a few and a ton of attachments. When they ran they were a beast, when they didnt you collected others to rebuild them. I truly wish i didnt sell them off. They were fun at times lol.

/ What is the oddest machine you have worked on or operated #32  
I have a cousin that has several of those. He made a pretty good living running his own small print shop. The one time I saw him using one, his wife was the operator. He said she did better production than him. He was the sales, setup and maintenance guy. They were printing specialty Hungarian food labels at the time. 🙃
Used It for Numbering mostly. Several other things with it also. Quick copy shop! It was actually really cool work on. 2 Cyl. one for blowing air to separate the sheets and the other suction to pick it up! It would bang and clang!. My die table :cool:

/ What is the oddest machine you have worked on or operated #33  
When I worked at a sawmill back in the 70's, the carrier op would often doss off for long periods of time and when the green chain bays would fill up I'd have to give this rig a go. Hopefully without dumping the load due to not grabbing the bunks properly, that's a right mess.
lumber.jpg

/ What is the oddest machine you have worked on or operated #34  
A number of years ago I worked for a John Deere dealer in central Pa. It was on the commercial equipment side and I worked with a lot of forestry equipment. One of the units was a Bell feller buncher. It was three wheeled , hydrostatic drive, and looked like the body for an old helicopter. It was made in South Africa and even with correct part numbers you were never sure what you might receive. And when it came to operating , if the linkage was out of adjustment which they always were , it was like trying to control the wildest animal you could think of. I had one parked between to new JD machines and when I went to move the Bell it almost ran into the two new machines, I was a busy somebody for a few seconds.
I think you win so far!!!

/ What is the oddest machine you have worked on or operated #35  
Drove one of these for four summers while home from college on Lake St. Catherine, VT. Would cut the Eurasian Milfoil which would then ride of the conveyor on the front and dump onto a longer storage conveyor on the back. When the load was full, we'd make the very slow trek to the offload conveyor and the dump truck would bring the milfoil to local farms. great summer gig as long as you didn't get caught in a thunderstorm, lol.

1707252126755.png

/ What is the oddest machine you have worked on or operated #36  
My grandfather had a late 30s Taylorcraft then a Cessna, the Cessna he ran into HV power lines but survived. I was a very young kid flying with him and he thought it was funny saying he felt faint & I'd have to "take over"...but of course he was there in control letting me steer.
My wife engineered an 1949 F7 similar to this one, like me...not alone. :)
We did each ride an elephant if that counts.
i-rQZcMpj-L (1).jpg
2024_02_06_15.05.15.jpg

/ What is the oddest machine you have worked on or operated #37  
david bradley walk behind tractors. I had a few and a ton of attachments. When they ran they were a beast, when they didnt you collected others to rebuild them. I truly wish i didnt sell them off. They were fun at times lol.
Dad had one and I still have the B&S motor from it. It had tractor- like tires, if I remember right each wheel had a flip lever to disengage it. The manual for it is around here someplace and shows attachments you could get for it. He had a front tiller & mower deck. I'm thinking by right grip was throttle, left was an engagement lever.

/ What is the oddest machine you have worked on or operated #38  
When I was about 14 me and a buddy built a go cart out of 2x4’s and plywood. We even rigged up steering by using rope wrapped around a steel rod, which worked surprisingly well. The brakes didn’t exist and we just wore old shoes and drug our feet. I think the only thing we spent money on was a centrifugal clutch.

The engine was originally a vertical shaft Briggs and we converted it to horizontal. It wasn’t that hard and I remember pieces of Erector Set held the carb in place and we had scrap flat steel to hold it on the go cart. The gearing wasn’t great and it took a long time to get up to about 15 mph but then the clutch would lock up and that 3.5 hp Briggs would dig in and it run about 40 mph. We had a big parking lot we would run it in at night after the stores closed. And yes, it wasn’t very safe.

/ What is the oddest machine you have worked on or operated #39  
I used run a pharmaceutical packaging and labeling facility. I became expert at operating and repairing the tablet/capsule dispenser, cotton machine, cap machine, induction sealer, and label machine. One time, we were doing a run of 26,000 bottles and the cotton machine broke. I couldn't stop production to fix it, so I had to hand stuff 20,000 bottles with cotton. It sucked. I bought my first motorcycle after that. In retrospect, I probably should've used the skills I learned there to open my own packaging business, probably woulda made good money.

/ What is the oddest machine you have worked on or operated #40  
Many oddball pieces of gear. Airports are notorious for weird crap. Whenever our sales rep for TLD would make a visit, I would grab him and ask WTF they were thinking on designing this crap.

Schematics on some were in French (didn't help much).

I definitely hired good fabricators and hydraulic mechanics.