What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel?

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #31  
My mower is 60" on the B2650

I have had many gas lawn mowers and they usually die around 350+ hours on them. That is around 4 years of use for me. I've had kohler engines, briggs and stratton they usually start to smoke once they get hours on them and burn oil. I do normal maintenance on them with oil changes and filters.

Yes they where bought at lowes for around $2000 so that comes out to $500 a year much cheaper than paying someone. I have gotten quotes to pay someone and they range from $125-175 per yard and they want to mow it all the time even if not needed.

That is why i lean towards diesel, i know lawn mowers from lowes is not meant to last and are cheap junk maybe the commercial grade gas engines would live longer.
Youd really like a diesel zero turn.

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #32  
My mower is 60" on the B2650

I have had many gas lawn mowers and they usually die around 350+ hours on them. That is around 4 years of use for me. I've had kohler engines, briggs and stratton they usually start to smoke once they get hours on them and burn oil. I do normal maintenance on them with oil changes and filters.

Yes they where bought at lowes for around $2000 so that comes out to $500 a year much cheaper than paying someone. I have gotten quotes to pay someone and they range from $125-175 per yard and they want to mow it all the time even if not needed.

That is why i lean towards diesel, i know lawn mowers from lowes is not meant to last and are cheap junk maybe the commercial grade gas engines would live longer.
You can increase the with of your mower so that with 2 60 inch mowers worth, with just a little over lap. This will cut your mowing time in half.

Using a mowing calculator 60 inch mower at 3 mph equals 3:40 hrs to mow 6 acres with flat open land.
110 inch mower at 3 mph equals 2:00 hrs to mow 6 acres.

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #33  
This is my $10K "multi-Tasker" ($8K used tractor, $2K new mower)

9hfBD6Q.jpg

I have a 72" cut, and seldom slow down going straight ahead,,
It will mow a LOT of grass,, and the rear tires have at least 100 gallons in each tire,,
in other words,, it rides REAL nice,,,

41HP diesel,, it uses very little fuel compared to the gas burning 72" mower I have,,

wTys1AQ.jpg

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #34  
This is my $10K "multi-Tasker" ($8K used tractor, $2K new mower)

9hfBD6Q.jpg

I have a 72" cut, and seldom slow down going straight ahead,,
It will mow a LOT of grass,, and the rear tires have at least 100 gallons in each tire,,
in other words,, it rides REAL nice,,,

41HP diesel,, it uses very little fuel compared to the gas burning 72" mower I have,,

wTys1AQ.jpg

How does....."the rear tires have at least 100 gallons in each tire, in other words, it rides REAL nice." translate to making it ride real nice?

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #35  
Be smart. How old are you, how much grass do you cut, and how often. Spending $13k to mow three acres 20 times a year is not too smart if you are 70 years old.

In the above example, you are looking at 1 1/2 hrs per cut so 30 hours a year. Do you really need a diesel if you will put less than 600 hours on it before you die? Unless fuel goes to $50/gal I would ignore the fuel savings.

Lots of folks need to justify pissing away $$$.
My new 48" SCAG (gas) cost me $4,410 OTD.
I am 80 years old, and mow 20 hours per year!
I love the SCAG (in spite of bumpy ride).
I did not even consider a diesel.
My grandchildren will be able to buy a new car on the compounded $ difference.

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #36  
How does....."the rear tires have at least 100 gallons in each tire, in other words, it rides REAL nice." translate to making it ride real nice?
The water in the tires acts like a shock absorber, sucking up the bumps.
I noticed this the first time I put water and antifreeze in the front tires of a Cub Cadet garden tractor.

Everyone that drove that tractor commented about how nice it rode.
There is not even a lot of water in a front GT tire,, but, it is enough to make it ride nicer.

The extra weight of the water also acts to dampen vibration and bumps.

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #37  
I had someone compare their Cub Cadet GT1554 with a 27 HP Gas Kohler to my BX2200 with 22 HP.

You do the thinking/math on that one...

IIRC I think it died last year with only ~600 hours on it. Hmm, my BX2200 as of right now has 3,142 hours and it keeps on ticking and works like day one.

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #38  
The water in the tires acts like a shock absorber, sucking up the bumps.
I noticed this the first time I put water and antifreeze in the front tires of a Cub Cadet garden tractor.

Everyone that drove that tractor commented about how nice it rode.
There is not even a lot of water in a front GT tire,, but, it is enough to make it ride nicer.

The extra weight of the water also acts to dampen vibration and bumps.

I don't think water in the tires act like a shop absorber. The water takes up space. It does not compress. There is now less air in the tire, and only the air can compress to lower the shock. So the shock is greater the more fluid in a tire. Making a rougher ride!

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #39  
I would strongly recommend a used gas powered commercial ZTR be considered for your needs. These can be found with moderate hours at reasonable prices, and best time to buy is when the commercial landscape mowers trade in their old machines for new mowers, and the dealer has an abundance of used machines. He will cut deals on used ZTR's to get them off the lot.

Last edited:
   / What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #40  
I purchased a used Gravely Proturn 460 two years ago, to cut 10.8 acres about 5 times a year. Cost was $4300 with 1800 hours on the 1000cc 33HP Kawaski engine, and it just powers through all the mowing. Most of my grass is coastal Bermuda and is mainly dormant from November to May. So I am averaging just 22 hours per year on this big machine. I desperately wanted a Kubota diesel ZD326, and looked very hard, but they were extremely high cost new, and even used they were running at a premium.

I would strongly recommend a used gas powered commercial ZTR be considered for your needs.