What is some of your Pet Peeve's

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #121  
Right hand buttons control volume. Left hand buttons move forward and backwards on the presets.

And they are right there where you fingers rest while gripping the steering wheel. So you can feel them.
On the roads I drive a broadie knob is more useful than buttons on the back of the steering wheel. Why should I have to wait for a straight section of road to change channels?

IMO, Ram has found nearly the perfect mix of knobs and touchscreen. Everything you can imagine is accessible through the touch screen, but nearly every function I’d ever want or need while driving down the road is duplicated as a button or knob that I can find in the dark without taking my eyes off the road. The Durango has that to a lesser degree, and my Charger is the worst of the group in this regard, as each shrinking in available dash space forced them to give up more buttons.

I like having the gauges up on the performance pages on the FCA/Stellantis vehicles that have them, to keep an eye on temps, pressures, etc. At that point the touch screen simply functions as a screen, which I'm fine with.

But..on two Jeeps and one Challenger, when the gauges were up on the screen the channel knob became inoperative. That basically meant trying to hit the Sirius portion of the screen, pick a channel, then back to the performance pages. Not ideal for someone with a short attention span for music and my driving style.

Those vehicles were sold pretty quickly, and when ordering my 3500 I went with the minimalistic radio. That meant no heated steering wheel and seats, but I'd rather be a bit cold every now and then than have to fight a touch screen every time I drive it.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #122  
I swore never again to buy an HP anything. I had a HP scanner/printer, it worked good, which I didn't use that much but eventually the ink ran out/dried up. I bought a couple of refilled cartridges from Staples I think it was. Put them in and got the error message about not being real HP cartridges, 'duhh, 'ya think'. You can get by it by going thru a whole reset procedure every time you printed which was a real pia but I refused to pay the price for 'real' HP cartridges and I didn't print a lot anyway.
I upgraded to a Windows 10 machine and that brought a whole 'nuther bunch of problems for the scanner. The eventual final death of the machine was caused by me trying to scan something and it wouldn't do Jack s**t. Long story short, I literally put my fist down thru the top, ripped the cord out and heaved it into the driveway.
Daughter came over a day later and I was out on the deck, printer still sitting there in the driveway, top all caved in. In a normal, inquisitive voice her comment, "Printer not working" and walked right by into the house.
I ended up with a Brother Laser printer/scanner that works like a top and will take any toner cartridge you put in it. HP never again for anything, they can take a flying..... at a rolling donut.

Yeah, "new, improved, concentrated, use 25% less than before" Then you look at the size, it's 25% smaller for 5% more money.

Bought a large package of gum at Costco, (yeah, I'm a re-incarnated beaver LOL) used to be I think 24 packs of gum, it's now 21 in the same size large package.
Not to mention that the individual blister packs of the gum have one less:
View attachment 806404
I had a printer years ago which gave me trouble from day one. It was back in the days of the 11 pin cables and I would spend more time messing with it than it took me to print anything. I got mad one rainy day, took it outside and set it on the trash can, where it got good and wet.
Then went out and bought another one. It wasn't until later that I realized it may not have been the printer; more likely it was the cable connection or perhaps the outlet for my desktop... which was 4 years old and obselete.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #123  
Interesting--I expected the OP to change the title of this thread when I pointed out the error in the apostrophe in the title.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #124  
Interesting--I expected the OP to change the title of this thread when I pointed out the error in the apostrophe in the title.
That's HIS peeve (possession).

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #125  
On the roads I drive a broadie knob is more useful than buttons on the back of the steering wheel. Why should I have to wait for a straight section of road to change channels?

I like having the gauges up on the performance pages on the FCA/Stellantis vehicles that have them, to keep an eye on temps, pressures, etc. At that point the touch screen simply functions as a screen, which I'm fine with.

But..on two Jeeps and one Challenger, when the gauges were up on the screen the channel knob became inoperative. That basically meant trying to hit the Sirius portion of the screen, pick a channel, then back to the performance pages. Not ideal for someone with a short attention span for music and my driving style.

Those vehicles were sold pretty quickly, and when ordering my 3500 I went with the minimalistic radio. That meant no heated steering wheel and seats, but I'd rather be a bit cold every now and then than have to fight a touch screen every time I drive it.
Why would you need to wait for a straight section of the road????

I just bump the button since my finger is next to it already.

I can reach across, take my eyes off the road and press the button. Or I can reach and touch the touch screen.

Seems like pressing the button next to my finger would be the safest option.
20230617_134823.jpg
20230617_134809.jpg

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #126  
Why would you need to wait for a straight section of the road????

I just bump the button since my finger is next to it already.

I can reach across, take my eyes off the road and press the button. Or I can reach and touch the touch screen.

Seems like pressing the button next to my finger would be the safest option.
When doing hand over hand steering through the curves, those buttons are somewhere in the 360 degrees of steering wheel motion. If on a straight section section they'll be at 9 o'clock, making it far more feasible to find and use them.

But I don't use them anyway since they seem to only make it go to the preset channels.

Yes, I know I should slow down, and I'm working on it, but for now I'm concentrating on staying between the lines (or at least on the pavement) and really don't want to take my eyes off the road.

Heck, even my eyes get mad at me since I forget to blink. Don't know how race car drivers can get away with not blinking.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #129  
The size of the bag doesn't bother me so much as I realize that they are sold by weight and with chips, especially there is bound to be some settling. What DOES bother me is that size which I paid 99 cents for just a few years ago is now $2.49. I don't know about anyone else but my paycheck certainly hasn't increased by that much; in my case in the last 20 years.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #130  
The size of the bag doesn't bother me so much as I realize that they are sold by weight...
Here the tourists must think that they're really getting their money's worth.

Anything sealed, including bags of chips, looks like it's about to explode. Due to the altitude.