What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,211  
Oooo-o-o Nice! There have been more than a few times I wish I had a winch....

I replaced the scraper blade on my blower. (Yet another Kubota part.) Since I scrape right down to the pavement, I get about 1-1/2 seasons out of them -- but I consider it worth it.

(Damn I hate this camera!)

DSC01534.JPG
DSC01535.JPG

Attachments

• DSC01532.JPG
    DSC01532.JPG
    714.9 KB · Views: 43
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,212  
-4F this morning. must have crappy fuel (rural area, diesel comes from pony tanks and nearest high volume is almost 40 mile round trip....not happening) and no start. not any sort of fire. tossed some diesel 911 in ran block heater 15 minutes and running. then crapload of snowblowing to polish off the drifts and stuff from the little storm.
polished up my 3 customers and finally did my stuff. mine always last, all my vehicles (even the rwd marquis) can get out I don't cheap out on tires.
tractor ran like a champ, course the tach screamed at me a lot but no way am I spending 580$ to fix a noise that only happens below 20 degrees.
plus at full bore with hat on can't hear the screams anyways....so not bothering with the disconnect stuff.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,213  
Wasn't today. Yesterday afternoon, temps in the single digits, wind chill -10, had to clean up the drifts with my blower before the warmer temps today and rain this week. It was not fun.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
#2,214  
2nd plowing this winter about 5 days ago and warming up a bit for the snow to start sliding off of the roofs.

KC

2nd plowing Jan 17 2024.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,215  
well, this is using tractor for convenience instead of actual need.
28ft long shed split with entry way between both sections. one section heated with direct vent empire DV55 lpg furnace, other with a master 80k btu kero heater mounted in door with fans to kick hot air through ceiling/roof to heat the main section.
been working well. until it wasn't. heater just over 5yrs old so figure time to do its first yearly mtx. on kero pump supposed to be 3.8 on #2 4psi. was 1.5. problem.
so I hand carried it, just fueled up so vent on cap splashing me plus I am doing construction in shed so MANY obstacles, to main section to work on. did the mtx, cleaned filters, put new rotor in, gapped rotor, cleaned and gapped igniter, etc.
still....1.5 psi.
so pulled hose off pump put finger over nipple turned on, 10psi (had replaced check ball/spring) so knew was hose or nozzle issue. pulled air hose off nozzle and pump, pulled it out completely, where it went thru grommet coming back up in to connect to pump had a 50% split.
3$ of hose fixed it runs 4psi fires w/i 1 second and flame touches end cap w/o going past.
so time to haul it back to other side and mount in door.
this is where GC2400 came into play. tossed into bucket drove over and then down hill raised up and heater was sitting level with mount in door.
shoved in hooked up to power parked tractor.

anyways convoluted way to say if you run heaters and you consider yearly mtx to mean every 5 years AND you got low pressure....check the pump to nozzle hose and use a tractor to lift it :)

EDIT: oh yeah, I got one more same model I leave under house in case water freezes when -20. guess I should check that :oops:

edit 2: proof positive that you can twist MANY situations into a tractor topic :D

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,216  
Well, I used mine briefly yesterday -- had a large (but rotten, so fortunately not too heavy -- I think) branch fall off a pine tree... right onto the trailer portion of my DR Leaf Vac. Used a chain to drag it off; I'll check for damage (grrrr) in the spring. Much easier to pull off with the tractor than trying to do it by hand!

DSC01546.JPG
DSC01547.JPG

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
#2,217  
Happy Groundhog Day everybody!

The picture of the driveway this morning shows ice coming off, 2 months too soon!

The rodent is forecasting 6" snow tomorrow?

KC

20240202_114227.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,218  
It's been warmer than usual here, too -- it used to be we'd get a week or so of -20F weather, but so far this year it's only gone below zero once or twice, down to a whopping -2 or so. Lots of days at or just below freezing, with some very strong winds now & then. At least the heating bills are less....

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,219  
so far (2-2024) I have only run the blower once since Dec 2023, due to upcoming knee operation I am VERY happy so far. yeah I lose money if it don't snow but...getting old LOL

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,220  
Guys, lemme tell ya about these here R4 tires on the GC, and how well they do in snow. I'm seeing all grass now, so all the snow melted. But we did have quite a bit there for a while, including a couple of VERY slushy snow storm.

So one of these slushy episodes, about 5" on the ground, I went out there to clear that off the driveway. 100' driveway, I had the plow straight, and I was able to push it down from my garage to near the end of my drive. I was also in 2wd and in high gear. Honestly, I was shocked because I never attempted that before...usually I'm already in 4wd. Industrial tires on the GC are awesome tires!