What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
#2,201  
We have a few more days of this brutal cold and I believe it's heading your way irvingj.

The dog does not spend much time outside in this cold weather, but the good thing is we have not had much wind with this cold weather.

The "highline" (northern border of Montana) has been unbearable as they always get winds.

Hope everyone stays warm.

KC

B.T.W. its -30 degrees at 12:30pm.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,202  
possible 6" tomorrow. been week roughly since fired up tractor. good day to test rear (540) blower just to be safe.
started instantly, could not ask for better, replacing bad glow plugs REALLY helps.
540 lever in go position so I engaged pto clutch.
grind noise.
WTF moment.
Suddenly pissed.
Punched the fender next to 540 lever.
Chuck of ice fell out.
Suddenly no grind and blower works.
Winds (so many of them lately in last 7 days TWO 3" snow then rain then freezing weather ) must have driven rain up under my cover and it collected on 540 lever.

anyways...odds are...since every forecast since Dec 1 2023 (on Dec 18, I forget storm name, names are **** was supposed to get 65 mph winds. I got 35 mph winds. did lose power for over 2 days but that's because so many people (if there are trees down don't try to jump them) are f*ing idiots) has been wrong...I'll either end up with 1 inch or 20 inches of snow.

but I got to punch a tractor, did not break anything (hell I made it WORK) and crap works now.

so guys...when in doubt...punch a tractor :)

better than punching the person you really want to punch.
A tractor will NOT file charges against you.
old man advice :)

edit: had a ) in wrong spot

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,203  
Had mine out quick today to clear up a drift in the middle of the driveway. That's what happens when we get less than an inch but the wind is going 40+. That dusting from everything west of my driveway piles up right in the middle of it. Just glad I did not need to do it at 5am when it was 5f outside.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,204  
We hit 37F or so. About 3" of wet snow overnight, followed by maybe 1/4" of rain (still raining off & on now).

Set a new record on my outdoor weather station thing for max gust -- 19.7 mph. Previous record --2 years ago-- was 17+ mph. The wind sounded like a jet engine all night & all morning. Just calmed down about 2 hours ago.

Lots of branches & trees down; we lost power --thankfully a rare occurrence-- for about 5 hours today. Glad I already had the woodstove running!
Interesting about your max gust of 19.7 mph being a record. I think you easterners get a lot more cold than we do but we must get a lot more wind. 19.7 mph would be considered close to a dead calm here, we don't start getting excited until it gets over 60 mph. The record on our backyard weather station is 96 mph, ten or fifteen years ago.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,205  
Interesting about your max gust of 19.7 mph being a record. I think you easterners get a lot more cold than we do but we must get a lot more wind. 19.7 mph would be considered close to a dead calm here, we don't start getting excited until it gets over 60 mph. The record on our backyard weather station is 96 mph, ten or fifteen years ago.
I actually see winds in the 40+ range all the time and don't really get excited till in tops 60 myself. There are very few days when it is below the 10 to 15mph range here on top of the hill, that's considered the normal . They get excited on the news about damaging winds when they'll get 30+ in the valley. I've told people for years, it is not about how much snow falls, it's about how deep the drifts get. There have been times when I've had to move snow every day even when in hadn't snowed for a week.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,206  
60 sustained would do a lot of damage where I am.
We had 50mph gusts the other day and a lot of trees got knocked down.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,207  
60 sustained would do a lot of damage where I am.
We had 50mph gusts the other day and a lot of trees got knocked down.
The elevation drops fast in almost any direction from here. The fastest is about 1000 feet in about 5 miles.
Any trees that a 50mph wind will knock over were knocked over a long time ago and now the town usually removes anything that is dying near the roads before the wind can do it form them. This is also the reason I don't have any trees on my property within 100 feet of the house.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,208  
Well, "the kids" got that weather station for me a few years back. I am convinced, however, that its wind speed always reads lower than actual. While it went higher than it's ever been before, the general consensus around here that day was that the wind was gusting to 30 - 40. We did lose quite a few trees around here.

Yes, it's up on a pole (about 12 feet) and it's not next to trees, but we do have a lot of trees around, at the edges of our lawn area, so I guess it is somewhat sheltered. Take that 19.7 with a grain of salt.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,209  
5 or so inches fluffy snow, prob is last fw weeks snow-rain-freeze rutted everything so had to run skids on blower on high so only blew off 2inches or so. most stuff done, bright sun will cause some flowing into ruts and then I will lower skids and polish stuff off

or I may just put the grader blade on and polish dunno will see how it goes.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,210  
Finished up the wiring for a 3500# winch I picked up cheap for dragging logs out where I can cut them easier.
switch.jpg
carry all 1.jpg