What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,151  
Are those of you that live in heavy snow areas, and plowing a lot of snow, using chains on your tires?

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,152  
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,153  
Me, too, rears only.

Hope springs eternal... I always start without them, but for the past 7-8 years end up having to put them on eventually. Wet, easy-to-pack-down snow is a killer on my steep driveway.

Normally my turf tires and front-mount blower do very well, but when temps are right around freezing it can become treacherous. If not for snow packing down and becoming extremely smooth (and slippery), sometimes the air is below freezing but the driveway surface is not and ices over as soon as snow cover is removed. It's no fun going backward, maybe sideways, down the driveway in a tractor!

We've been having more & more of these near-freezing temps with snowfall, often mixed with rain-- it hardly ever seems to get cold and STAY cold anymore. Powder?!? What's that? OK, rant over.... :)

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,154  
I put my chains on, also rear only, every year near the end of October. I pick a weekend that it's not too cold to work outside. I have plenty of room to work, I don't have to fight with snow while I'm doing it and I can take my time.

I have a steep driveway as well and I always expect it to get icy and slick. I'd rather put them on and not need them than put them on when it's freezing outside and there is snow that needs moving.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,155  
have used chains before but with my tires and my conditions (type/amount of snow, ground conditions, etc) not worth the effort to me.
nut that MY use case only.

with that being said the way its looking here I may well need to grab a new set this year. sold mine to neighbor few years back.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,156  
Are those of you that live in heavy snow areas, and plowing a lot of snow, using chains on your tires?

I only put my chains on when we have one of those winters where the driveway and yard becomes a sheet of ice and it snows on top. Snow never stops me :)

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
#2,157  
Chains front/rear for me, haven't plowed once this winter, yet, but did get a few snowfalls, 8", 6", 4".

My driveway is completely iced up as usual even though we have had a very light winter for snowfall.

Sounds like a few storms are on the way?

KC

edit: Also my driveway is pretty flat, maybe 6" drop to the road in 150'.

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,158  
My driveway is flat and I have no need for chains. At about 900 hrs. I had a problem with steering while plowing and new front tires fixed that.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,159  
Yeah, if I were really smart I'd put the chains on now when it's a bit warmer and not snowing.... but then again, I have a PhD in prcrastination....

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,160  
Yeah, if I were really smart I'd put the chains on now when it's a bit warmer and not snowing.... but then again, I have a PhD in prcrastination....
Isn't your motto...
"Why do it today if you can put it off til tomorrow?" 😂