What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,121  
working on led lighting additions.
will post pics when done.
did swap the 4 stock 922 headlights for 921 LEDS

can see difference with just one bulb done

1 led in place.jpg

once I get everything done will post pics as well as amp readings for each (2) light circuit using my amphound

need to wait until dark but can post the mounting (keep in mind lot of wire ties still needed) as I only added 2 2.5" ironton leds aiming at front tires and bucket arms and 2 4" leds (one each side) to light up rear tire and tractor sides.

22-bar-2ironton-front-tire-lights.jpg

the 22" bar is preexisting, I added the 2 ironton lights to light up front tire area.

rear-19inch-bar-2pods.jpg
this 19" bar and 2 pods are preexisting. as they sit I have great rear visibility and can see my pto shaft and gearboxes on both snow blower and tiller.

rear-tire-1.jpgrear-tire-2.jpg

these 2 4" leds are new and aim at my rear tires and side of tractor up to where the front leds take over.

will take pics tonight when dark to show the glow.

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,122  
working on led lighting additions.
will post pics when done.
did swap the 4 stock 922 headlights for 921 LEDS

can see difference with just one bulb done

once I get everything done will post pics as well as amp readings for each (2) light circuit using my amphound
Do those LEDs just plug right in?

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,123  
Do those LEDs just plug right in?
yup direct fit, do push in a little hard but push straight on and good to go. unsure if the 1723/5 series uses the 922 bulbs but I suspect they do

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,124  
Yeah, I was jut noticing that's an older model, will have to look closer, but I think mine are different

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,125  
Yeah, I was jut noticing that's an older model, will have to look closer, but I think mine are different
yeah my bulb (not the assy) part is 6254759M1 and yours is 4264764M1. yours are an 1156 (BA15S) twist style. pull a bulb, will be letters on it somewhere. if not already led can't imagine cost more than 35$ to upgrade. thats a 2 bulb system correct? don't feel like driving 2k feet to look at one LOL

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,126  
I think I did some research on the lights once upon a time and gave up. Yes I would like brighter lights, but I really don't need them. The only time I use the tractor in the dark is in the winter blowing snow and I have flood lights that illuminate almost the entire driveway. I'd like them for those places that I don't have lights. So it was not a big priority and at the time my wife was complaining about all the money I was spending on crap for the tractor. :rolleyes:

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,127  
I think I did some research on the lights once upon a time and gave up. Yes I would like brighter lights, but I really don't need them. The only time I use the tractor in the dark is in the winter blowing snow and I have flood lights that illuminate almost the entire driveway. I'd like them for those places that I don't have lights. So it was not a big priority and at the time my wife was complaining about all the money I was spending on crap for the tractor. :rolleyes:
dealing with lights now cause of many issues.
yeah now snowblowing people is issue and when running 2" from a house lights are nice.
but even when tilling had have to do dusk stuff, rears (blower and tiller) been good for over a year.
its just the sides of the tractor, front tires and rear, that have been lacking.
so corrected that and then figured spending the time out in below freezing weather soldering stuff....why not spend 20$ to make the factory headlight switch actually do something that matters :D

high temp today when soldering was 28 and flurries. all done except the aiming.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,128  
ok dark out and all aimed.
first, stock 922 bulbs then after replaced with led.

1 stock front only.jpg
stock switch led.jpg
pic dont show cause I aimed wrong but big difference

next up few views of me in seat and me 20 ft away from 3 sides.

all front.jpg

left-side-all-on.jpg

rt-side-all-on.jpg

rear-all-on.jpg

view-rear.jpg

view-pto.jpg

anyways, you "see" what I mean. I got maybe 125$ tied up in this and can see very well

edit: I should have mentioned that while I have mirrors welded to my FEL I can see the leds aiming at my rear tires in mirrors but they do not interfere in my mirror view due to angles.
suppose I should also mention I got 2 spare 4" leds, bunch of quick connects,more marine wiring...and an idea.
nothing more dangerous than a bored dumbass with an idea :)

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,129  
More wood cleanup from the dead Ash trees, gonna take a while , still cutting up trunks.
Since there are a number of dead stands, I can't get too close to them yet with the tractor. When those branches fall you can feel it in the house hundreds of yards away.
20231215_150727.jpg

20231215_150614.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,130  
ok dark out and all aimed.
first, stock 922 bulbs then after replaced with led.

View attachment 838019
View attachment 838025
pic dont show cause I aimed wrong but big difference

next up few views of me in seat and me 20 ft away from 3 sides.

View attachment 838026

View attachment 838027

View attachment 838028

View attachment 838029

View attachment 838030

View attachment 838032

anyways, you "see" what I mean. I got maybe 125$ tied up in this and can see very well

edit: I should have mentioned that while I have mirrors welded to my FEL I can see the leds aiming at my rear tires in mirrors but they do not interfere in my mirror view due to angles.
suppose I should also mention I got 2 spare 4" leds, bunch of quick connects,more marine wiring...and an idea.
nothing more dangerous than a bored dumbass with an idea :)
Dave,

Where and how did you tie your LED light bar and smaller auxiliary LED lights into the electrical system? Did you find a reasonably accessible place that is switched? Or direct to the battery? Also, where did you put the switch(es)? I’m struggling with all of the above. Thank you.