What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,071  
Well I was away visiting Charleston, but prior to the trip I...

A) Finally got the MMM sold. Here's it awaiting pickup.
PXL_20231005_211932767.jpg PXL_20231005_221725837.jpg

B) Turned over my compost pile...check out that black gold!
PXL_20231005_233351674.jpg

And C) Perfected stowing the 3 pt hitch stuff so it doesn't rattle all over the place. The key: use 2 bungee cords (the Harbor Freight ones were perfect length).
PXL_20231005_203438332.jpg PXL_20231005_203431740.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,072  
looked at writing on my filters and suddenly realized I did full service this spring at 555 hrs. oil due in 20 hrs so will do sooner rather than later due to weather in maine in november.
hydro/axles good until approx 800 hrs.
I place stickers under hood with dates and hours service done but this time it wore off.
no matter the hours I always put new fuel filter on this time of year, that, greasing,cleaning filters all done as of this morning :)
I was wrong in another post, not 200 hr on hydro but 250, apologize for that too many tractors to keep up with.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,073  
looked at writing on my filters and suddenly realized I did full service this spring at 555 hrs. oil due in 20 hrs so will do sooner rather than later due to weather in maine in november.
hydro/axles good until approx 800 hrs.
I place stickers under hood with dates and hours service done but this time it wore off.
no matter the hours I always put new fuel filter on this time of year, that, greasing,cleaning filters all done as of this morning :)
I was wrong in another post, not 200 hr on hydro but 250, apologize for that too many tractors to keep up with.
Been there, so I started keeping track of all that on a sheet of paper tucked into the manual.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,074  
I want to replace my rear 3pt hitch lower turnbuckles. Has anyone found good non-oem replacements? 2011 2410

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,075  
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,076  
The are for a Kubota, but they work perfectly.

I remember you posting these, am looking into it as well. Do you find you miss the finetuning of turnbuckle style stablizers, or is having pre-set holes good enough to keep your attachments from swaying sideways?

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,077  
I remember you posting these, am looking into it as well. Do you find you miss the finetuning of turnbuckle style stablizers, or is having pre-set holes good enough to keep your attachments from swaying sideways?
I'd say that the adjustments that you can make with these move the lower arms less than 1/8 of an inch, maybe not even that far. The holes on the outer and inner portions don't all line up at the same time, you can see it in the image. There is about 1/4 the diameter of the pin hole movement in either direction to get the next alignment. I find that I can adjust these better than I could the turnbuckles and have less play or sway in the attachment than I could achieve with the turnbuckles. Plus I don't have to keep redoing it or constantly checking them. The turnbuckles would always come loose.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,078  
I'd say that the adjustments that you can make with these move the lower arms less than 1/8 of an inch, maybe not even that far. The holes on the outer and inner portions don't all line up at the same time, you can see it in the image. There is about 1/4 the diameter of the pin hole movement in either direction to get the next alignment. I find that I can adjust these better than I could the turnbuckles and have less play or sway in the attachment than I could achieve with the turnbuckles. Plus I don't have to keep redoing it or constantly checking them. The turnbuckles would always come loose.
so you always have a little (say 1/2 inch) side to side play on implements? thats actually how I prefer to run. have had this saved in wish list since you first posted it, just $$ issue LOL

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,079  
so you always have a little (say 1/2 inch) side to side play on implements? thats actually how I prefer to run. have had this saved in wish list since you first posted it, just $$ issue LOL
Yes, I keep mine pretty tight, but there is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch that my blower will move side to side.

I just put it on today actually, just got in from taking off the mower, putting on the FEL, blower, and chains and getting it all greased up. 4 hours of work for me.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,080  
Yes, I keep mine pretty tight, but there is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch that my blower will move side to side.

I just put it on today actually, just got in from taking off the mower, putting on the FEL, blower, and chains and getting it all greased up. 4 hours of work for me.
thinking about chains now I got spacers on rear, swapping to my R1 tires is 65$ each time. that's one swap in fall then swap back to R4 in spring. expensive.
that little bit of slop is, for my stuff, good shock absorber especially when tilling.