What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,061  
GC1720 Cab

Kind of a funny name but the Cover My Tractor cabs seemed to get better reviews than the Original Tractor Cab Company versions.

Edit: I see that you have a GC2400. Not sure if the link above will fit your tractor but they have versions for all of the GC series tractors. Website is kind of hard to maneuver in and I resorted to trial and error clicking on the MF cabs to find the right one.
thanks, little out of my price range this winter but hopefully in spring can purchase

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,062  
thanks, little out of my price range this winter but hopefully in spring can purchase
Here is one reason I decided to bite the bullet and get a cab. Not much fun getting frozen and ice coated while snowblowing! Finally just had enough of it.

Attachments

• IMG_5373.jpeg
    IMG_5373.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,063  
Here is one reason I decided to bite the bullet and get a cab. Not much fun getting frozen and ice coated while snowblowing! Finally just had enough of it.
mid-maine, I understand your pain all too well.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
#2,064  
Congrats on your tractor cab, you'll be happy with it.

The problem I have with my heater is very little heat at -40°, so I replaced the radiator screen with a solid piece of aluminum and then the tractor started to overheat.

I'll need to bore some 1.5" or 2" diameter holes in the aluminum so air can cool the tractor down, but not like the screen was doing.

KC

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,065  
Loaded 9 years of scrap metal onto trailer to take to scrap dealer tomorrow.
I stopped counting brake rotors at 60.
Years of them from 6 different vehicles.

I'll get scale weights tomorrow

scrap1.jpg
scrap2.jpg

scrap3.jpg

scrap4.jpg

scrap5.jpg

scrap6.jpg

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,066  
2019 Silverado 1500 RST Z71.
2014 SureTrac 7x14 trailer org rated at 1800lbs capacity.
pics of truck relating to prior post
added electric brakes, reverse lights and did spring work on this trailer, as well as 2x12 sides and many eye bolts for tie down purposes.

on the scale at 9260 lbs. off scale at 7260 lbs. so 2000lbs in trailer org rated for 1800lbs...
all loaded with GC2400. for the lawn tractor I hooked truck to trailer then pushed the 2000 Craftsman GT (150lbs rear weights....150lbs front weights total weight approx 800 lbs) into trailer. easy peasy. then just started filling the bucket with rotors (was also many front axle axle shafts from MANY vehicles) and dumped them in manner that held light stuff like the tractor hood in place.
so many damned rotors....guy running the claw said approx 95 rotors. I said whatever I stopped counting at 60.

edit @1445:corrected spelling crap and lawn tractor weight crap.long day already.

truckscrap1.jpg

truckscrap2.jpg

well.. guy offloading kept track.
95 rotors.
damn.
note to self....stop working on peoples brakes.too old now.suck it up and STOP.

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,067  
cleaned up a 40ft row of sunflowers that got annihilated from the 40mph winds few weeks ago. 75 or so plants. box blade used to gather into 20ft by 4ft high pile. then drop blade and push 150+ feet into woods. total time 6 minutes.
picked a good day to ignore world news.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,068  
brought stuff up to, on tiller and mower, wash/grease/tarp and store and on blower wash grease park where I can get at it easy since prob snow in next 6 weeks or so. wash gonna wash tractor first but said nah, do that last.

ready_to_wash.jpg

tiller stored and tarped this morning, deck washed/degreased now. just waiting a bit to grease all the points (so many) on it. then tarp and store it.
using chain around front deck axles to hooks on bucket VERY easy way to carry/lift/manipulate bucket.

deck_wash.jpg

tomorrow the blower gets done.

this little pressure washer does pretty good for an electric, like the duel tanks on it. degreaser in one and car wash/etc in other. mines little over 3 yrs old and only issue I had was I ran over high pressure hose end with tractor and broke it. $29 for new hose few days ago.

edit: carry deck. hill is steeper than pic looks.

carry_deck.jpg

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,069  
blower serviced and ready, we have had snow in October before.

blower_ready.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #2,070  
brought stuff up to, on tiller and mower, wash/grease/tarp and store and on blower wash grease park where I can get at it easy since prob snow in next 6 weeks or so. wash gonna wash tractor first but said nah, do that last.

View attachment 826579

tiller stored and tarped this morning, deck washed/degreased now. just waiting a bit to grease all the points (so many) on it. then tarp and store it.
using chain around front deck axles to hooks on bucket VERY easy way to carry/lift/manipulate bucket.

View attachment 826580

tomorrow the blower gets done.

this little pressure washer does pretty good for an electric, like the duel tanks on it. degreaser in one and car wash/etc in other. mines little over 3 yrs old and only issue I had was I ran over high pressure hose end with tractor and broke it. $29 for new hose few days ago.

edit: carry deck. hill is steeper than pic looks.

View attachment 826588
I just bought a Greenworks electric pressure washer, yeh works awesome. Came with a surface cleaner, I really liked using it!