What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,901  
One of the things I discovered with the first installation back in 2014: even though I'm dealing with snow, in cold temps, the friction developed in the impeller area actually caused the UMWPE to heat up -- and expand, causing "bubbles" here & there which the impeller blades then began to hit.

I re-did the original install with a new piece, this time using ss counter-sunk blind rivets instead of a few screws -- and a lot more of them. That seemed to hold up much better, but now I know better where to put those rivets.

All I have to do now, unfortunately, is to cut/grind all those original ones away and re-install even more of them this time....

BUT -- the addition of that liner in the impeller area REALLY made a difference with the blower's performance, and the original steel impeller area had already developed holes in it (driveway used to be gravel, now paved) which the PE covered up very nicely. Too bad RAD Technologies used such thin steel in that area, IMHO, though I know these machines weren't really designed to throw stones....:mad:

So -- if I can get another 9 years or so out of it, that'll be good.

And hey -- at least it's no longer winter!

DSC00826.JPG
DSC00827.JPG

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
#1,902  
I didn't realize you had holes in your metal snow blower impeller housing.

Using the UHMW seems to me that your fix killed 2 birds with 1 stone, cause you fixed it and also made it better.

Good thinking, KC

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,903  
My old gravel-surfaced driveway really did a number on the right side of the impeller housing, just where the radiused (cylindrical) section transitions to flat (vertical) at the entry to the discharge chute -- it really took it hard in that one spot. To further exacerbate the issue, I live on a dirt road that gets copious amounts of sand in the winter, so when up on the road around the mailbox it's impossible to avoid the "cement mixer" sound.

I initially tried to weld in a patch there, but the metal was so thin it just melted away. I was actually getting 2-3 fine jets of snow out of those holes while blowing; the PE stopped that completely and throw distance was improved tremendously.

holes.JPG

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,904  
Came back to NH to mud season and lots of rain. Spent some time keeping the runoff close to the road edge. This is where the ratchet rake comes in handy.

IMG_6099.jpeg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,905  
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,906  
The PTO shield on my new tiller has no grease zerk for the internal plastic bearings on the shield. So I bought this from Lock-n-lube to be able to get grease into places that have no grease zerk.
20230503_1906.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,907  
The PTO shield on my new tiller has no grease zerk for the internal plastic bearings on the shield. So I bought this from Lock-n-lube to be able to get grease into places that have no grease zerk. View attachment 798759
That's handy, I need me one.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,908  
It's hard to tell from the pic but I got my 2410 wedged between a tree and stump and it slide sideways when I tried to reverse compounding the problem. The truck and tow straps pulled
IMG_6121.jpeg
her back in line to back out. I would've cut down tree if that didn't work. My wife saw me out there and asked "What kind of mess did you get yourself in now?" 😂😂

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,909  
Yep, I've done that, too, while clearing snow. In between two hard spots, slide sideways.... OOPS.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,910  
Yep, I've done that, too, while clearing snow. In between two hard spots, slide sideways.... OOPS.
I dare say anyone in snow country thats run a blower or blower/bucket combo around deep ditches has had that happen. lucky we have trucks around.