What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,651  
Good on ya, dmacleo! I'm guessing the issue with mine was that i used a piece of 1/4 copper pushed into the existing 7mm rubber... 1/4" = 6.98mm, so the copper was a loose fit into the rubber, hence the persistent dripping. Of course the copper also didn't have that swaged "bump"/ridge on it, it was just a straight piece.
well mine was issue right on fuel pump connection itself on the pump to filter hose. trim a touch off and had enough slack to secure it.
little easier than tank to pump hose for sure.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
#1,652  
irvingj,

I'm glad you were successful repairing your fuel line.

I repaired mine a few years ago and dug up an old (2017) thread started by pixguy.

If it helps others, about my repair, here's the thread:

Oil & Fuel - Damaged fuel line on MF2410

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,653  
Yeah... just went back and re-read that thread.

Judging by the date on the oil filter, I believe that photo pixguy put in his first post is from my tractor, as a matter of fact. In going over that thread again, and for the benefit of others who may read it, I'm glad "we" did finally realize that fuel line is 31-1/2" long, 7mm ID, and goes from that connection on the injection pump to the small electric pump under the floor.

And 1/4" (6.98mm) fuel line will work, but it's tight. Off to NAPA we go.

A real PITA to remove the floor, yes, but I think worth it -- both in terms of cleaning debris (I even had a small mouse nest in there) and cleaning up those 2 ground cable connections.

Happy T-Day!

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,654  
What did I do to/with my GC today? Well.... like everybody else these days... nothing.

This is that rare time of year when the grass isn't growing (no need for MMM), snow hasn't arrived yet (in fact it's been a quite warm Nov-Dec, so far, with a fair bit of rain -- which we can use), and all fall-into-winter projects are completed. The last time I fired ol' red up was to mount the FEL and move all the rocks in my outdoor fire ring -- in ONE trip. Gotta love the utility of my little red beast!

Other than that, she sits with the blower mounted, waiting for the REAL winter to get here.... (and no more fuel drips!!)

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,655  
What did I do to/with my GC today? Well.... like everybody else these days... nothing.

This is that rare time of year when the grass isn't growing (no need for MMM), snow hasn't arrived yet (in fact it's been a quite warm Nov-Dec, so far, with a fair bit of rain -- which we can use), and all fall-into-winter projects are completed. The last time I fired ol' red up was to mount the FEL and move all the rocks in my outdoor fire ring -- in ONE trip. Gotta love the utility of my little red beast!

Other than that, she sits with the blower mounted, waiting for the REAL winter to get here.... (and no more fuel drips!!)
Yep, same here, last time I started it was to put on the FEL and Blower and get everything greased up for winter. That was 2 months ago. People I know think I'm crazy when I say it could sit that way and it wouldn't bother me if I didn't touch it again until I put the MMM back on in the spring, ha, like that will ever happen. But the longer it sits the happier I'll be.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,656  
Yeh, mine's now sitting idle too, until the plowing starts. Here she was last month, before I took the backhoe off:

PXL_20221114_203221287.jpg

Those tusks I added to the thumb, I love them things, it makes picking up stuff like this so much easier. Now it really is a mini grapple.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,657  

yuppers.
mine sits with the 54" rear blower right behind it while I am purchasing a 2019 silverado 1/2ton.
gonna put plow in it, gonna cost me 3800$ to do so.
but before that happens the GC2400 and 54" blizzard blower can safely be trailered to family 35 miles away.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,658  
I cut an old oil tank in half and moved it to my metal scrap pile with my Homestead Implements grapple. I love this grapple.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,659  
Had a local golf cart supply shop selling 48"W x 54" D used cart tops for $25... Bought 2 and painted 1 with MF paint and designed/built a canopy bracket system on my computer/CNC plasma table. The I added lighting for front and rear work and put a detachable switch year box in the canopy to control them. The amount of sun relief my scalp has enjoyed cannot be measured.
PXL_20220917_191404625.jpg
PXL_20220917_182711029.jpg
PXL_20220925_234029325.jpg
PXL_20220925_234046541.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,660  
nothing.
I did buy a truck to haul it around with though, 2019 silverado, 78K miles. 42K$ gone in an instant
still. easier than hauling with my 2010 marquis

now just got to read the 2.5" inch thick 480 page owners manual.
sigh.
rough times.

20221206_090307.jpg20221206_090315.jpg

Last edited: