What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
Yesterday I finally replace the 2 hydraulic hoses for the front quick hitch that had a surface rub hole in the original hoses.

Today I should of switched out the MF Dozer Blade for the MF Snowblower, but thinking it's the 1st week in February, I did not do the change out.

Plowed 12" + snowfall from last night and then looked at the weather forecast, duh..., there saying up to 28" more snowfall thru Monday afternoon?

So tomorrow I just might be switching to the snowblower and will try out the new UHMW skid shoes for the first time.

Y'all that live east of me should see this storm in a day or two.

KC

2-5-21 12in snowfall.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #822  
Spent the last few days using my plow to move the snow from early this week, about 14"
Used my bucket later to know over some snow banks in prep for Sunday's new snow.
Ordered edge tamers, think they will help scraping off whatever gets left behind from the plow.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #823  
Yesterday I finally replace the 2 hydraulic hoses for the front quick hitch that had a surface rub hole in the original hoses.

Today I should of switched out the MF Dozer Blade for the MF Snowblower, but thinking it's the 1st week in February, I did not do the change out.

Plowed 12" + snowfall from last night and then looked at the weather forecast, duh..., there saying up to 28" more snowfall thru Monday afternoon?

So tomorrow I just might be switching to the snowblower and will try out the new UHMW skid shoes for the first time.

Y'all that live east of me should see this storm in a day or two.

KC

View attachment 685505
It is coming this way KC, but the snow is supposed to hit just south of us. Is fine, I could use a break, I've been plowing a bit lately, including this morning.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #824  
Spent the last few days using my plow to move the snow from early this week, about 14"
Used my bucket later to know over some snow banks in prep for Sunday's new snow.
Ordered edge tamers, think they will help scraping off whatever gets left behind from the plow.
Gravel driveway?

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #825  
Yup, snow is all there is. We ended up with just short of 30”. Did about 2 miles of driveway for that storm. Then yesterday cleaned up the 2” we got that morning and yanked the trailers out and cleaned up their parking area from both.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #826  
Gravel driveway?

Mope, just trying not to trash the asphalt, which is kinda in poor shape.
Only use the bucket to push over the snow banks and scrape off ice.

Plow for new snow.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #827  
Spent yesterday and today making a set of brush forks to fit in/on FEL.... Spent Saturday afternoon testing them (several big trees down after Cali MONO winds).... "Didn't break anything", have some finish welding to do.... Picture to follow (I hope)...

Dale

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
I finally switched the Dozer Blade out for the Snowblower yesterday before clearing the driveway.

The blade does good but it just takes much longer to clear the driveway snowfall since the piles are getting taller.

Since Thursday we had over 3' snowfall and it's -6 degrees F under the covered back deck right now and not figured into the temperature is the wind blowing up to 15mph.

Heading out to blow some more 14" + new snow with the tractor heater on high in a few minutes, and with a mug of hot coffee...

Also the new UHMW skid shoes on the snowblower work great.

It appears this continuous snow storm might move right over you Gene.

Here's a picture from yesterday.

KC

(this project finished)

20210206_160624.jpg

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #829  
Glad to hear the shoe upgrade is working out, KC. Man 3', that's crazy, yeh I'll be quite content that passing me by! Neg temps I understand though, we were -9 this morning not including wind chill...and I felt ever degree of that while working in the duck enclosure, putting fresh hay in there.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #830  
Got my brush forks done and tested....

Bolt-3.jpg...Forks -2.jpg...Forks-1.jpg

And yes there is a lip under forks that captures the front edge of FEL to keep forks locked to bucket...

Dale