What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,251  
I got a few neighbors (GC1723 loader only, GC1723TLB, and GC1725M TLB) that would be interested in your findings.
the MF1532 with the L100 loader getting same items I just did on my GC2400 DL100 bucket.
The main reason I did not look at magnet mounted mirrors it that there did not appear to be enough flat real-estate near the top of the FEL to put the magnets.

Someone else saying that mounted some with magnets made me do some more looking.

Anyway I started with a search for magnetic mounted mirrors and that led me to find forklift mirrors. Looking more into forklift mirrors soehow got me results for golf cart mirrors and I found these.

These things are only about $10, I figured I didn't have much to loose and wasn't expecting much. I like these because of the flat mount and the mounting holes are easy to get to.

I then found the mounts

$17, more expensive than the mirrors, but figured that I could use them for something else if the mirrors did not work out.

Got them and put the on today. They give good visibility from what I could see sitting on the tractor in the shed. They seem to hold well. Next step will be to see how they stand up to the vibrating tractor. It's only 15F here today, I wasn't going to start it up just to test out the mirrors.

20220213_143423.jpg20220213_143446.jpg20220213_143500.jpg20220213_143505.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,252  
gonna save links, thanks. right now my temps are (within 48 hrs) ranging from 50f to -2F, so would really like to see how these work in sub-zero.
buying iron for the 1532 in few days,the same mirrors I run already ordered, but those other 3 tractors I cannot blindly buy stuff for. yet every owners wants me to do something LOL

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,253  
gonna save links, thanks. right now my temps are (within 48 hrs) ranging from 50f to -2F, so would really like to see how these work in sub-zero.
buying iron for the 1532 in few days,the same mirrors I run already ordered, but those other 3 tractors I cannot blindly buy stuff for. yet every owners wants me to do something LOL
Considering how cheap the mirrors are they seem pretty sturdy. They are made from polypropylene which is a fairly strong plastic, same stuff they may batteries cases of. As far as the magnets go, I got the stronger of the two options I found. I really had to put my weight into it to position them, I doubt they're gonna rattle off.

It's been a pretty light winter here and not a lot of snow in the forecast right now, no significant snow in the next 14 days and unseasonably warm. Might be a while before I run the tractor again, but I will let you know if I have any issue when I do.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,254  
Considering how cheap the mirrors are they seem pretty sturdy. They are made from polypropylene which is a fairly strong plastic, same stuff they may batteries cases of. As far as the magnets go, I got the stronger of the two options I found. I really had to put my weight into it to position them, I doubt they're gonna rattle off.

It's been a pretty light winter here and not a lot of snow in the forecast right now, no significant snow in the next 14 days and unseasonably warm. Might be a while before I run the tractor again, but I will let you know if I have any issue when I do.
let me know if the smaller lens is concaved enough to give a good rear picture. one reason I bought the ones I did was due to large size.I have very good view of stuff even including how far off ground blower is. so if you can get that good a view this may work well for the other tractors I deal with.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,255  
20220206_170225.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,256  
what cab is that?

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,257  
what cab is that?

Berco 40" 700423-2 I had to modify the mounting brackets quite a bit, but it turned out ok. Made some brackets to move the led's on the rops to the front of the cab, but haven't put them on yet.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,258  
Link back to message with links and pictures of mirrors What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

Had to go our yesterday to move snow. Hasn't snowed here in a week or more by the wind decided to dump a 3' drift across my entire 150' driveway so I was able to see how the mirrors work.

I like them. The magnets did not move and the swivel adjustments on the mirrors did not move. They just stayed where I put them. Ran the tractor for 2 hours. Also not much vibration, at least not with the engine at 3K RPM for running the blower, you can see in the images that the view is not blurred from vibration. I did my best to give the mirror view from the seat. I was on the street when I took them.

left.jpg
right.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,259  
nice. I am gonna look into seeing if I can make these work with "taller" mirrors for the newer gc stuff I deal with to due using backhoes, tillers,box blades,rear scrapers, bush hogs. in colder weather if they stick I am happy.
the gc2400/dl100 and MF1532/L100 tractor/fel I deal with most often work well with what I did but....the others....not so much LOL

the mirrors I got I can see quite a bit more and where 2 of the people I deal with are in late 60s early 70s if I can give them the extra view that helps. if I can't I'll set this setup for them.

edit: mine are 7 wide x 12 tall (vs 5.5 wide and 7.1 tall) and sometimes that makes huge difference to us disabled people LOL example I can see few inches below my blower (and then tiller) bottom and up to well past my blinkers on ROPS

from pics you had to use 4 magnets correct? just getting ducks in a row on this end.

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,260  
from pics you had to use 4 magnets correct? just getting ducks in a row on this end.
Yep, the ones I ordered come in a set of 4.

Still have to get used to them being there. Found myself turning around when I could have used the mirrors several times.

One thing they don't work for. Like I said I was moving 3' of drifted in snow. I could only take half a bite with the blower at a time. Stuff was like blowing cement and would actually cause the tractor to twist into the snow, nasty work, had to pull forward and get realigned at times. I ended up using the diff lock to keep me moving in a straight line. Still had to turn look back from time to time to make sure I was was lining up the snow edge with the middle of the blower.

I'm happy with the size and what I can see, which is a whole lot more than I could see last week without turning my head.