What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,531  
I've pulled some big poison oak bushes with my grapple. The trick is getting it to grab the stem. A tree puller should do much better there. The drawback is that there's not big jaws to crush the bush down and keep it away from you.

If you can get to the stem you can spray it with a mix of 25% triclopyr in oil (I use diesel but you can also use horticultural oil). Soaking a foot or 18" will kill the plant. I got this from a UC Davis ag publication.
I've had very good luck mostly eliminating poison oak from patches of my land by pulling it out. I'm hoping to remove the bulk and then if I can convince my wife, get a couple goats to manage a couple acres. I think the price to keep them during the less green months will come out less than the cost and time to re-clear...

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,532  
Yes, I opened it before writing, and I saw the seal holder, but I'm not sure this is the problem because as much as I can see everything in the bell housing is covered with oil. The dealer going to bring his mechanic with a camera. I hope it is this #5&#6.
Today my dealer brought his mechanic with an inspection camera.
Mechanic looked inside and the leak is well above the 4wd shaft.
They want to split the tractor next week. It is going to be the second split of my tractor in less than 300hour total time. Last time it was split at 80 hour mark

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,533  
Put the bucket on the FEL yesterday, put the Edge Tamers on the cutting edge, and took the box blade off and swapped it for the 3 pt blower. Changed up the adjustments on the blower a little, took the cutting edge off and turned it back over so bevel cut was down, instead of up. Have a set of (3) bolt on Edge Tamers coming for the cutting edge. Hoping that stops the blower from climbing up over the hard pack, but still doesn't dig into the gravel driveway. We'll see. Have a set of 4 flow restrictors coming for the hydraulic chute controls. Waiting for those before I hook up the hoses. Found them at Bolt on Hooks yesterday for a good price, and they even already shipped on Saturday.

Mostly ready for winter now. Of course this means we'll have a warm fall with no snow, so you guys are welcome.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,534  
Hooked the trailer to take my parents with me and went sightseeing with the tractor while waiting for the day to cool down so we could finally water the cabbages. 🤣

Nothing like driving the tractor in the forest and just breathing some fresh air. Along with a nice breeze on this crazy hot month we're having. And no signs of rain which is very worrisome.

I used to mow brush on a plot just to the right of the tractor. It has the same inclination as you see on the left in the first picture. Then we sold it.

IMG_20231009_165934.jpg
IMG_20231009_165919.jpg

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,535  
Hooked the trailer to take my parents with me and went sightseeing with the tractor while waiting for the day to cool down so we could finally water the cabbages. 🤣

Nothing like driving the tractor in the forest and just breathing some fresh air. Along with a nice breeze on this crazy hot month we're having. And no signs of rain which is very worrisome.

I used to mow brush on a plot just to the right of the tractor. It has the same inclination as you see on the left in the first picture. Then we sold it.

View attachment 826148 View attachment 826149
Gorgeous view!

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,536  
Built a few garden boxes for Mrs. Yanmar and used the Branson to fill them with nice top soil, each one needed 7 scoops.
Welded them, using 2x2 aluminum tubing and metal siding.
Theres 13 of them (got carried away) which made her really happy!
Note: our chickens had to come to the fence and see what all the commotion was about...
1700073400794.jpeg

1700073168458.jpeg

1700073214666.jpeg

Attachments

• 1700073187783.jpeg
    1700073187783.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
   / What have you done to your Branson today? #1,537  
   / What have you done to your Branson today? #1,538  
We mixed cow manure, top soil, and Pete moss in with it.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,539  
Used the FEL to load up the truck bed with leaves this morning. Had initially thought to just burn them in my burn barrel, but that was way too slow. So, they're all loaded up now and tarped down for the trip to the landfill tomorrow.

20231119_111813.jpg

The last bucket full.

20231119_112355.jpg

Using the Edge Tamers made easy work of it, just scraping the leaf piles off top of the grass without gouging the ground.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,540  
Very nice! Thanks for sharing.