What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,641  
At least you have a winch to pull yourself out if it did get stuck. Except I don’t see anything to anchor to, except maybe a power pole. :ROFLMAO:
When I almost got stuck, I was pointing the opposite direction of the picture. There are some trees on the other side to hook up but I was indeed prepared.

Time will tell if my plan works or just made it worse. 🤣

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,642  
We got a concrete truck stuck about 20 feet shy of the pour site so had used my 3620H to move 30 bucket loads of concert. To build my new shop. A bucket full of concrete is about all my 3620H wanted.

Attachments

• 20240328_145700.jpg
    20240328_145700.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
   / What have you done to your Branson today? #1,643  
A bucket of wet concrete is a heavy load.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,644  
(Yesterday)

Had a rose bush in an area which has gotten a bit dense and it was right next to another rose bush; wife wanted it moved to another spot about 150' away on the other side of the house.

I started by doing vertical cuts with a (manual) shovel, jumping on it to make a cylindrical cut, then scooped the whole thing out with the backhoe.
Moved it to a hole I'd dug first; definitely an easier way to carry an extremely prickly bush, all of its roots, and close to a hundred pounds of dirt.
1712688639979.png
1712688647796.png

Last edited:
   / What have you done to your Branson today? #1,645  
(a couple days ago)

I've had "remove that mistletoe from that tree" on my mental list for at least a couple years if not longer but it's way up in the tree - it's hanging from a branch a couple feet higher than the end of the saw:
The problem is that the mistletoe was about 32' up and my pole saw with all four sections together is about 25' - and you can't cut from right under a branch because the saw only works when gravity pulls the teeth into the wood as you draw it and back forth.

Being about twelve feet from the tree, i had a couple feet height gain already for being uphill from it, plus the tote was raised another six feet
2.gif
3.jpg

As you can see despite mid-40s temperature it rapidly felt warm... probably took 15-20 minutes as i can't get a good stroke going with four segments of the saw together since it's really bouncy and often jumps out of the kerf.

Eventually though,

4.jpg

all gone!

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,647  
I'm about to drop the backhoe and set up the auger for doing an extension to my vineyard (three lines of ten vines each - heavy poles at the ends, a couple lighter ones in the middle, and holes for the vines to plant in).

I finally remembered to buy a new fuel cap the other day. Was able to try one off a vehicle in the driveway and was lucky to get a match for size as they're apparently disturbingly non standardized.

Not sure what happened to the old one; I'll drill a hole in the handle of this one and attach it to the loader so it doesn't get lost during fueling.
609839966.jpg

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,648  
Pulled my 3 pt snow blower off for the year on Saturday and put the box blade on. Then used the box blade to repair my torn up driveway from this year's thaw and mud event. Had to wait until it all dried out so I could fix more ruts than I was making. Of course, it started raining last night, hopefully won't rut up much as I didn't have time to get it all packed down again after "fixing" it.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,649  
Pulled my 3 pt snow blower off for the year on Saturday and put the box blade on. Then used the box blade to repair my torn up driveway from this year's thaw and mud event. Had to wait until it all dried out so I could fix more ruts than I was making. Of course, it started raining last night, hopefully won't rut up much as I didn't have time to get it all packed down again after "fixing" it.
I was going to drop my blower off and the chains then I walked back to were I go to set the blower and the water was squishing out around my feet, so guess I'll wait a few days before I drive back there.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,650  
I've so busy I forgot to post some updates and pictures. Got the pad all finished and finally got my shop built. Shops 20x25 lean is 10x25.

Attachments

• 20240412_144624.jpg
    20240412_144624.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 25