What Happens When You Don't Change Your Oil

/ What Happens When You Don't Change Your Oil #1  

MasseyWV

Elite Member
Tractor
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC-SxrsgEwo]What Happens When You Don't Change Your Oil Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIkxlWpJ6bk]What Happens When You Don't Change Your Oil Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

/ What Happens When You Don't Change Your Oil #2  
I hate to think what that cost. Time to change my oil too. :thumbsup:

/ What Happens When You Don't Change Your Oil #3  
i wouldnt know haha. i always change the oil in all my vehicles and also change seals if they leak. even if it reguires me pulling an engine to change all the seals.
I dont think you would find any member on here that skimps out.

/ What Happens When You Don't Change Your Oil
I dont think you would find any member on here that skimps out.

I'm sure there are a few, but doubt that they would readily admit it. :laughing:

/ What Happens When You Don't Change Your Oil #5  
Things like this always remind me of a young lady I had working for me in the early 80s who bought herself a brand new Buick. Naturally, she was proud of it and showed it to the other employees in the office. Then between 2 and 3 years later, it quit and had to be towed in. She said, even back then, the dealer told her it would take $3,000 to fix it. She had never read the owner's manual, the car had never been back to the dealer, and the hood had never been raised from the time she bought it. She just washed it and put gas in it; said no one told you had to do anything else to a car.

/ What Happens When You Don't Change Your Oil #6  
Met a guy that was having front end work done on his car, the mechanic asked, "did you want me to change oil and filter while I'm at it?" The older gentleman went off...... "DON"T YOU TOUCH THAT OIL!!!" He insisted no vehicle(or machine) he ever owned got the oil changed. He explained that oil changes were vodo and just away for people to make money. That car had over 150,000 miles on it :eek:

/ What Happens When You Don't Change Your Oil #7  
I was working in a service station while in high school. A guy came in and wanted the oil changed in his 57 Dodge, I asked if he wanted the filter changed as well. He told me that the car didn't have an oil filter.

I put the car on the lift and showed it to him, h said "Dam, I never knew it had one of those, yeh change it. I asked him when he bought the car, he said he bought it new in 1957; it was now 1962.

It took me 2 hours and many hammers and chisels to get that filter off. He did give me a $3 tip as I remember, that was good for about 8 beers back then.

/ What Happens When You Don't Change Your Oil #8  
Worked with young woman whom had a new VW.. One day she asked did it have oil and or a filter? Since it had no coolant? That oil was 2 years old and so thick it barely would run out almost 2 quarts of sludge. Put clean oil and filter and it purred???

/ What Happens When You Don't Change Your Oil #9  
What a shame..and those don't deserve,can't fix stupid. :(

/ What Happens When You Don't Change Your Oil #10  
I bought a used jeep CJ5 when I was 17 years old. It made a tapping sound from the top end. I took the valve cover off and it looked as bad as the one in the video. I took the top end apart and cleaned it all up check the tolerances of the rocker arms and push rods to find out that some were severely worn. I replaced the out of spec components and put it all back together and it ran like a top. The engine was a 232 CI straight six. It was also a long time ago.:)