What happened to Massey Ferguson?

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #61  
The solenoids were probably a purchased item by the valve manufacturer and design changes made them obsolete. Not sure if the magnums had Husco valves or Rexroth but both have phased out products do to design changes. It really sucks when a $20 coil prevents the use of of $20,000 tractor.
The 1st few years of Magnums have an obsolete system of remote spools. The newer version cannot be retrofitted.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #62  
I don’t think Fendt has made its way into your area like mine. We have large farm operations near me with 4-6 Fendts on the farm.
I was in the feed store a few weeks ago and a kid was looking at a toy tractor that was green with red rims. He asked his parents if it was a John Deere, and they said yes, it's green so it's a Deere. They said something about the paint for the wheels being wrong, so they didn't buy the toy.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #63  
I don’t think Fendt has made its way into your area like mine. We have large farm operations near me with 4-6 Fendts on the farm.
Large farms here too, also large orchards.

SR

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #64  
I suspect lack of Fendt, Massey Ferguson, AGCO, etc. is also factor of dealer(s). Around here only one AGCO dealer. So very few AGCO products vs Deere & CIH.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #65  
I do not know why but Ihave a hrad time believing in a machinery line who cannot seem to figure out what color it is going to be. Fendt and their now bright - almost Deutz green - versus the darker, duller green from a few years ago, the black out specials they had for a couple of years. What color are their combines?

Nrew Holland with its black and blue tractors, red and yellow hay equipment, and lemon yellow combines and forage harvesters. What color are you going to be tomorrow?

Not a lover of Green Paint but everyone knows John Deere Green and they are proud of it. It makes a statement.

If they cannot decide on a color what else are they not committed to?

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #66  
I do not know why but Ihave a hrad time believing in a machinery line who cannot seem to figure out what color it is going to be. Fendt and their now bright - almost Deutz green - versus the darker, duller green from a few years ago, the black out specials they had for a couple of years. What color are their combines?

Nrew Holland with its black and blue tractors, red and yellow hay equipment, and lemon yellow combines and forage harvesters. What color are you going to be tomorrow?

Not a lover of Green Paint but everyone knows John Deere Green and they are proud of it. It makes a statement.

If they cannot decide on a color what else are they not committed to?
Well for New Holland, they were always red and yellow from what I remember. They didn’t have tractors until they bought Fords blue tractors and the color stayed for New Hollands tractor line. Frankly, I am much more concerned with the paint quality than the actual color itself.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #68  
My neighbor has a med size MF. Newer model probably 4 years old. One thing I noticed is he runs low rpm and lugs it alot. Often stalls it. Think he doesn't know how to run it or it's geared and he just likes lugging it. Unfortunately he passed last year.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson?
I see their newer compacts all over around north Florida. We have a couple good dealers. Definitely more popular than most. Where you getting sales figures from? I bet they sell more than LS.
Simple observation. I'm not doing a scientific analysis. Just look at YouTube, online articles, forums, and Massey is one of the least mentioned of newer tractors. Sure, of older tractors MF has a grip, but something changed (AGCO) and presence of MF in general has plummeted....my observation. Maybe MF does sell more than LS, I don't know this, thus my query. It's not a challenge by me or a contest who's right. Just curiosity! Happy New Year!