What generic automotive weatherproof electrical connectors/kit would you recommend?

/ What generic automotive weatherproof electrical connectors/kit would you recommend? #11  
Maybe, but I have never had a connector fail on my boats due to corrosion. This isn't for connections that you need to unplug, just for buttsplices needed for trailer wiring. Silicone grease works for a while on un-pluggable connections but needs to be refreshed occasionally to keep the joint sealed. I don't do automotive rewiring so what I use works for me.

/ What generic automotive weatherproof electrical connectors/kit would you recommend? #12  
Maybe, but I have never had a connector fail on my boats due to corrosion. This isn't for connections that you need to unplug, just for buttsplices needed for trailer wiring. Silicone grease works for a while on un-pluggable connections but needs to be refreshed occasionally to keep the joint sealed. I don't do automotive rewiring so what I use works for me.
Come visit salt water....

I solder everything and cover it with shrink wrap. If it's a connector I use Dielectric Grease - any auto parts store has it. My Triumph motorcycle has it on every connector and they know something about corrosion.

/ What generic automotive weatherproof electrical connectors/kit would you recommend? #13  
Come visit salt water. Our old CC had corroded wiring 3-4" up inside the insulation.

I solder everything and cover it with shrink wrap. If it's a connector I use Dielectric Grease - any auto parts store has it. My Triumph motorcycle has it on every connector and they know something about corrosion.

/ What generic automotive weatherproof electrical connectors/kit would you recommend? #14  
ALL STRANDED WIRE IS NOT CREATED EQUAL SO BE CAREFUL!Your automotive wire must(should meet) SAE J1128 standard. https://law.resource.org/pub/us/cfr/ibr/005/sae.j1128.1975.pdf This rates the wire as well as the outer insulation. If we take an 18awg wire, you can get the outer insulation in different specs and different thickness. Automotive manufacturers want to use thinner insulation, so they can get thinner wire harness size. You also have to watch the wire insulation thinness to be sure it fits your connector correctly. For example Duestch specs there pin and socket size for specific amp rating/wire gauge and outer diameter including insulation to be sure you do not get small dia. 18awg wire in to large seal. Laddhttps://laddinc.com/ is the Duestch distributor in US, The link will give you specs, crimping and tool part numbers.
As for soldering wires for repair in automotive applications, DO NOT DO IT, do it only when you have to. When you solder two wires together or to a connector, it makes the stranded wire a solid wire, it can then work harden and break. Solder two wires together wiggle it back and forth it is going to break. Now cover it with silicon good luck finding it, and chances are it will be intermittent. Also some silicon can corrode wires. Don't get me wrong I have done it but only as last resort. On your new tractors with an ECU incorrect wire repairs are Job security for us mechanics! Use a heat shrink butt splice for joining two wires. I like Perma Seal brand they shrink at lower temp, and you won't burn your tractor up getting them to shrink and DO NOT use a lighter. FYI there is a special silicon for covering, say ground connections. Which I do do.

/ What generic automotive weatherproof electrical connectors/kit would you recommend? #15  
If you never have to unplug it, solder them together, butt to butt, and slide a heat shrink tube over it.

Cheap, and effective.

I have done this countless times, on customers vehicles, and my own vehicles, and trailers, for almost 35 years, and NEVER had one fail.

Strain, and vibration, cause wires to break. They are factors that need to be considered, and addressed, regardless of what type of connector you use.

/ What generic automotive weatherproof electrical connectors/kit would you recommend? #16  
You might research flex seal type stuff or some kind of liquid rubber to seal whatever connection you use. Just another idea, it might work.

/ What generic automotive weatherproof electrical connectors/kit would you recommend? #17  
When installing artisan well pumps we used heat shrinks that had some hot glue inside for a perfect seal.

So, if you want real water proofing simply slip some shavings of of hot glue inside of your heat shrink tubing B4 using that heat gun.

/ What generic automotive weatherproof electrical connectors/kit would you recommend? #18  
The other day I picked up a couple of packs of the Harbor Freight heat-shrink "weather proof" butt splices (hey, I needed a purchase, "any purchase", to get the freebie). Haven't tried them yet, but I don't know why they wouldn't be fine.

/ What generic automotive weatherproof electrical connectors/kit would you recommend? #19  
I've been using those for a couple of years, they seem fine. I like the idea of having adhesive bond as Piloon suggests.

Truckdiagnostics makes some good points to consider.

/ What generic automotive weatherproof electrical connectors/kit would you recommend? #20  
When installing artisan well pumps we used heat shrinks that had some hot glue inside for a perfect seal.

Thanks for that tip.