What DON'T You Like About Your New LS

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #71  
I finally found the limit on my MT357HC. Was trying to pick an oak log up and the loader with forks couldn't pick it up. Log was 11.5' long by 28". I'm figuring it weighed about 2200lbs. According to LS specs for this tractor I should be able to pick up 2700lbs. Using the pallet forks I was able to get the log tight against the frame so it was as close as I could get to the pivot pins. I was able to move it but not lift. Rev'n it didn't make any difference. Had the wood chipper on the back so that was a nice counterweight.
Maybe you miss read the specs ? I believe my XR 4155 is only rated to lift about 1,700 or 1,800 pounds and it’s very similar in size to the MT357

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #72  
Maybe you miss read the specs ? I believe my XR 4155 is only rated to lift about 1,700 or 1,800 pounds and it’s very similar in size to the MT357
Here's the info on the loader that is installed on my MT357.

Attachments

• MT357 loader specs.png
    MT357 loader specs.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 101
   / What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #73  
Here's the info on the loader that is installed on my MT357.
Yes sorry I was definitely wrong, looked it up in owners manual when at home it’s rated at 2,718 pounds which is way more than I had expected .

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #74  
I don’t know what type of oak, the true diameter and length, but online tree weight calculators for “green” oak about your size put it over 3100 lb. Red oak weighing more than white.

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #75  
I don’t know what type of oak, the true diameter and length, but online tree weight calculators for “green” oak about your size put it over 3100 lb. Red oak weighing more than white.
It was a red oak, 11.5 ft long and about 28" in diameter. The tree had been dead a few years but the trunk was solid. I looked it up and found red oak to be about 45-48 lbs/cubic ft but I believe that was with 12% moisture. Figuring about 50 cubic ft I came up to the 2200lb+ weight. I did contact CID on the weight of the forks I had installed and they came back at 400lbs. All in, pretty close or above the 2700 lb spec on the loader for lifting capacity. I thought I read somewhere that white oak was heavier than red but it all depends on the moisture in the wood. My next purchase is a grapple which again will be 400+ lbs of weight but using that or the forks is better than cutting it up into small pieces until I want to.

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #76  
It was a red oak, 11.5 ft long and about 28" in diameter. The tree had been dead a few years but the trunk was solid. I looked it up and found red oak to be about 45-48 lbs/cubic ft but I believe that was with 12% moisture. Figuring about 50 cubic ft I came up to the 2200lb+ weight. I did contact CID on the weight of the forks I had installed and they came back at 400lbs. All in, pretty close or above the 2700 lb spec on the loader for lifting capacity. I thought I read somewhere that white oak was heavier than red but it all depends on the moisture in the wood. My next purchase is a grapple which again will be 400+ lbs of weight but using that or the forks is better than cutting it up into small pieces until I want to.
My question is how would anyone know what the moisture content is?

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #79  
I've been very happy with just about every aspect of my MT352HC. The one thing that I don't like and that frustrates me is the 3pt control stop knob. It doesn't work very well and is not consistent. All my old tractors I could set that and drop my 3pt to the same height every time. Its a cheap knob and doesn't do a good job of being able to set a consistent drop height on my 3pt.

Outside of that, I really have no other complaints.

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #80  
LS 225s
Tractor is great but the 3 problems I have are:
1.) Float function on FEL breaks the top of the valve off...this has happened 3 times.
2.) SEAT has broken 3 times...welds are terribly minimal.
3.) Rear lights flash randomly.

LS has not been helpful in finding a lasting solution for #1 and 2 issues...I feel they are dragging their feet long enough for the warranty to expire.