What DON'T You Like About Your New LS

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #81  
I like that they replaced that old diesel (Mitsu? Shibaura :confused3:) with a new engine containing technology not from when I Love Lucy was all the craze.
I bought my Boomer 24/XJ2025 BECAUSE of the Mitsubishi engine. Same with the Cummins in my Dodge truck. I don’t care about bells and whistles, I just want reliable power.

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #82  
Man all you guys wanting arm rest , telescopic arms , comfier seats , tool boxes just need to upgrade to a MT573 😃. Has it all and then some haha. My only complaints so far is that fuels not free and no valves to close off the hydraulic line when changing the hydro filter. Other then that I love this tractor.

I shopped every brand for months. Kubota was like going to a fancy steak house. Everything was a la carte.

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #84  
LS 225s
Tractor is great but the 3 problems I have are:
1.) Float function on FEL breaks the top of the valve off...this has happened 3 times.
2.) SEAT has broken 3 times...welds are terribly minimal.
3.) Rear lights flash randomly.

LS has not been helpful in finding a lasting solution for #1 and 2 issues...I feel they are dragging their feet long enough for the warranty to expire.
I am on my 3rd seat too and this one seems more heavy duty.
I had right rear some of the LEDS lights strobe when the breaks was on it took 2 weeks to get a new one.

Other then them 2 things I love this tractor. It has done so much more than I thought it could.

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #85  
Currently looking at an LS XG3135. I'm impressed for the most part.

I like that they replaced that old diesel (Mitsu? Shibaura :confused3:) with a new engine containing technology not from when I Love Lucy was all the craze. Being a former arm of Hyundai, I suspect (hope) they have the engineering to do it right.

Anyway, pretend you're talking to a dummy because...... Well, I am when it comes to tractors.

And it's not so much that I'm impressed by LS, it's more like I am seriously UNimpressed by most of the other manufacturers. All of them actually.
For value and horsepower LS is a the leader. Regarding the two LS tractors I own if they were painted orange over blue then the kubota lovers would be enjoying the value we talk about. They would own LS too. No brand escapes model issues all of them have a lemon in the line up either in the past, present or future. Engineers typically do not make bad products it’s accounting and management stepping in on perceived cost savings is when the problems start. I forgot Marketing they sometimes get lost in the customers voice and the product requested is not what the customer asked for. That can create a Frankenstein product. All brands of products evolve and improve if not they disappear and new competitors appear. Fierce competition in the tractor segment for now until the demand subsides once that happens their will be merger’s or less manufacturers happened in the large Ag tractor segment. Go Blue Go LS

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #86  
For value and horsepower LS is a the leader. Regarding the two LS tractors I own if they were painted orange over blue then the kubota lovers would be enjoying the value we talk about. They would own LS too.
As someone that spent 3 long years researching the tractor and implement market with total objectivity let me share my findings with you. Kubota was not my first, second or third choice. I searched high and low to find a better alternative then Kubota. I talked to every dealer close and far away of every brand and I went and visited every one of them that I could. I even joined some tractor mechanic groups on FB to get a better inside look. After three years of doing this I finally came to the conclusion that Kubota is the market leader. When the opportunity was given to the other brands and dealers to show me that they were superior none of them did and none of them outperformed Kubota. In fact none of them were even as good as Kubota. Kubota was more responsive, more customer friendly, more convenient, more experienced and got the most industry insider endorsements of every brand that I looked at. This was not what I expected nor what I wanted my findings to be but it is the truth. Kubota does not build a perfect tractor but they have the best all around offering for the mass majority of compact tractor buyers.

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #87  
LS 225s
Tractor is great but the 3 problems I have are:
1.) Float function on FEL breaks the top of the valve off...this has happened 3 times.
2.) SEAT has broken 3 times...welds are terribly minimal.
3.) Rear lights flash randomly.

LS has not been helpful in finding a lasting solution for #1 and 2 issues...I feel they are dragging their feet long enough for the warranty to expire.
Not sure I understand #1. Moving the FEL to float physically hits one of the hydraulic connections and knocks it off? If so, which valve? one on the FEL, or a front remote/3rd function?

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #88  
Well, everyone has their favorite. I'm no exception. I did a ton of research for a few years before pulling the trigger too. Was completely sold on a Mahindra, then heard about LS, and that blew my mind. Regardless, I'm guessing the only reason someone would come to the LS boards, post on a LS forum about what LS owners don't like, and just make an argument that another brand is better, is simply looking for a fight.

Going back on this topic, the only thing I don't care for, about my LS tractor is its size. When I first started shopping, I was looking for something in the 30hp range. So I stepped up and got a 45hp. Never really use it to its full potential horsepower wise, but the tractor is small, specifically in the cab. I'm not a big guy, 5'9", 230lbs, but I'm not small either. I fill the cab and, after a while, I got comfortable in it. Everything is within reach. HOWEVER, spending all day in the seat, without the ability to stretch out, can kinda get cramped. Add a child or a dog, and its almost impossible.

My son is now 3 years old. He LOVES to ride in the tractor. When he was younger and smaller, there was enough space in the cab for us both. He sat on my lap and I could work most of the day. Now that he is bigger and heavier, he wants to sit on the seat next to me. For most long jobs, I feel guilty kicking him out and making him watch from the comfort of the house. But for quick jobs, we squish in there.

I've looked at buddy seats, and would spend the high price tag, or make something that would work. But there simply is not enough room. I'm thinking maybe I should have jumped up in size, not necessarily power, but just a larger platform.

That is seriously, my only dislike about my tractor.

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #89  
2019 New Holland Workmaster 40 here, I guess there is a LS model that is a twin but I can't recall the model number

FEL is trash. Hard to take off, put on. Bucket flops around like a dog's tail. Control valve is twitchy. I hate it.

Engine is very loud, but then again the Yanmars in the JD tractors were louder when I tested them at the dealers.

Otherwise it's been flawless so far. Only thing I'd do differently is I would get the gear drive instead of hydrostatic. I feel like I just lose too much power through the driveline. It also drinks diesel fuel like it has a bad habit because you've got to run it at high RPM all the time.

/ What DON'T You Like About Your New LS #90  
I am on my 3rd seat too and this one seems more heavy duty.
I had right rear some of the LEDS lights strobe when the breaks was on it took 2 weeks to get a new one.

Other then them 2 things I love this tractor. It has done so much more than I thought it could.
Do you use your loader float function often...It seems like a terrible design...why would the top snap off so easily?