What do you drive for a truck?

/ What do you drive for a truck? #371  
2023 Chevy Colorado ZR2

/ What do you drive for a truck?
I'm the OP and here's an update. I split things and bought both a car AND a sweet, used Ford diesel pickup. I could never find one. ❤️

Fate found me a '97 F250 Super Duty 7.3 Powerstroke diesel from a retiring neighbor. 160,000 and it purrs like a kitten. Good tires, clean interior and good looking. It sat in a heated barn for a few years so it needs some work.

Back brakes and drums, etc are NG as are the rubber brake hoses and some brake lines. Belts, exhaust system and batteries are NG and all fluids and filters need changed. The car makes the wife happy and the truck makes me happy. Win-win.

Thanks for the input. Pictures soon.
Here's some pics when I first looked at the truck. It's in a shop now having work done.
EDIT--The original owner's manuals and tire warranty booklet was in the glove box.

IMG_4640.jpeg IMG_4642.jpeg IMG_4645.jpeg IMG_4682.jpeg IMG_4685.jpeg

Last edited:
   / What do you drive for a truck? #374  
Nice.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #375  
2023 Honda Ridgeline since I retired does everything I need tows 5000 pounds heaviest I tow is my Polaris UTV easy to park roomy inside back seats easily fold up for more room in the back for tools and whatnot. Has a trunk under the bed with a lot of room, dual functioning tailgate makes bed access easy, v6 non turbo engine 9 speed transmission easy to park....
2023 Ridgeline here too. It's the ideal size truck for my needs with a roomy interior and unlike other midsize trucks there's over 4' between the (low) wheel wells. It handles and rides wonderfully. When I was pondering what midsize truck to replace my 2018 Ridgeline I looked at the GM twins, the new Ranger, and new Nissan Frontier. The GMC Canyon was pretty nice but the interior wasn't as nice or roomy, nor was the ride and handling, so I went Ridgeline again.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #377  
If your truck requirement includes towing a bull dozer or rock crawling look elsewhere.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #378  
If your truck requirement includes towing a bull dozer or rock crawling look elsewhere.
Never did have to trailer a bulldozer yet, and I don't use my 3500 for rock crawling, but to call a Ridgeline a "truck" is really pushing it in my mind.

It's a car with a bed on the back as far as I'm concerned, just like an El Camino, or late model 1/2-ton.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #379  
2004 Tundra extra cab, I'm the original owner. Used it as my daily driver until I retired almost 8 years ago, now it just gets used for truck stuff. 148k miles on it, probably will still own it until I die.
Everything was in almost mint condition until last Wednesday when I backed into a 10" oak tree with the tailgate down - not a five mph tailgate! Now I have to learn how to sand down and repaint the replacement I found on Thursday. Next door neighbor has a paint booth set up in his shop and knows way more than I about how to go about it.......

/ What do you drive for a truck? #380  
Never did have to trailer a bulldozer yet, and I don't use my 3500 for rock crawling, but to call a Ridgeline a "truck" is really pushing it in my mind.

It's a car with a bed on the back as far as I'm concerned,
Nope it's a truck, the best one I've owned.