What do you drive for a truck?

/ What do you drive for a truck? #401  
Here is a fun one; this was my wife's when we married, and it was a fun ride.

P1020157.jpg

/ What do you drive for a truck? #402  
I never called it a pickup, I called it a truck, and I did so for a reason.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Trucks" and "Lorry" redirect here. For other uses, see Truck (disambiguation) and Lorry (disambiguation).
A truck or lorry is a motor vehicle designed to transport freight, carry specialized payloads, or perform other utilitarian work. Trucks vary greatly in size, power, and configuration, but the vast majority feature body-on-frame construction, with a cabin that is independent of the payload portion of the vehicle. Smaller varieties may be mechanically similar to some automobiles. Commercial trucks can be very large and powerful and may be configured to be mounted with specialized equipment, such as in the case of refuse trucks, fire trucks, concrete mixers, and suction excavators. In American English, a commercial vehicle without a trailer or other articulation is formally a "straight truck" while one designed specifically to pull a trailer is not a truck but a "tractor".[1]

/ What do you drive for a truck? #403  
Literally from what you just posted-

"vast majority feature"

/ What do you drive for a truck? #404  
Literally from what you just posted-

"vast majority feature"

You're really reaching here. Is a Crown Victoria a truck? What about an old Cadillac? You're only requirement you listed is body on frame, so what is it? All the older cars that were body on frame are trucks now? Or are you just too stubborn to admit you're wrong?

/ What do you drive for a truck? #405  
2018 Nissan Titan. This is my second Titan and both have been great trucks .

Attachments

• IMG_4497.jpeg
    IMG_4497.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0216.jpeg
    IMG_0216.jpeg
    239.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0215.jpeg
    IMG_0215.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 18
   / What do you drive for a truck? #406  
I'm not reaching here, this isn't a hill I'm trying to die on, your arguments have just been poor thus far.

I would make the informal argument that a truck in the traditional North American sense was a body-on-frame, front-engine, rear-wheel drive vehicle (typically with the option of a front-wheel assist) with a large cargo area, separate from the occupants. From there you can argue the semantics of whether that cargo are should be separated by a physical barrier, if full-frame vans are trucks, and as time has gone on you've seen more acceptance of unibody vehicles with traditional open cargo areas.

This is why I said the argument was informal, because the market segment is more fluidic than Hunter *****'s liver and has changed drastically over time.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #408  
2018 Nissan Titan. This is my second Titan and both have been great trucks .
My BIL has a 2007, and it's treated him well.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #409  
I'm speaking in more layman's terms.
That's somewhat obvious. Look up the legal descriptions at DOT, for example.
I never called it a pickup, I called it a truck, and I did so for a reason.
Meanwhile, I would never call my 1500 a truck. I may have referred to it as a pickup at times, but normally it's "the 1500".

Yes, it's a fun to drive 1500 with 700 hp, but to me it's still a car with a tiny bed on the back. All sitting on a frame, by the way.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #410  
That's somewhat obvious. Look up the legal descriptions at DOT, for example.

Meanwhile, I would never call my 1500 a truck. I may have referred to it as a pickup at times, but normally it's "the 1500".

Yes, it's a fun to drive 1500 with 700 hp, but to me it's still a car with a tiny bed on the back. All sitting on a frame, by the way.

So you're going to say this and not post pictures of what I presume is a Ram TRX?

Rude.

🤣