What do you consider 'high' hours on Toolcats and what to look for on higher hour machines

/ What do you consider 'high' hours on Toolcats and what to look for on higher hour machines #11  
Someone please correct me if i’m wrong but i believe it was the early machines (through 2006) with the live axles that had the drive motor issue and was corrected on 2007 models with the new independent suspension??? I know at the very least the part numbers on the drove motors changed at that point.

I am curious though if that’s correct if the replacement drive motors that the factory replaced under warranty were different part numbers? From what i can tell it appears that most machines have not had the issue reoccur after having them initially replaced.

I was looking for a very specific machine. I wanted the early machines with the live axles as I know I’d need the locking rear diff to consistently and reliably get up and down our mountain after a previous bed experience with a power trac tractor which only had lsd like the 2007-2013 toolcats. Wanted the additional roll back force of the updated boom, and preferred the extra power of the turbo to get up the mountain quicker. So that’s literally only a 2006 machine and then crossing my fingers for a turbo. I was pretty lucky to find one with 800 hours without searching for years.
Thanks Tom & ruffdog.
That's a lot of the info I was looking for. We live in the mountains and it sounds like Tom's machine would be exactly what I would hope to find too. No hurries, though. This winter is about over and we are lucky enough to have decent equipment, but nothing specifically good for snow. This year we have had a bit too much snow. I'd like to blow it away next year.

I do enjoy good used equipment - and have been lucky finding decent used machines all my life. It's always necessary to know the good & bad though. To know which model & features are right.

I was surprised to see the huge difference in roll back force & angle in the old vs newer boom. 670 lb vs 2500? Does that seem right? Was it useful before? And I'm naturally old and slow, so can probably do without the turbo. Prefer live axles with diff locks. Curious about variations in steering geometry. Don't know about most other features and will learn as we go.
rScotty

/ What do you consider 'high' hours on Toolcats and what to look for on higher hour machines #12  
I can confirm the rollbck force on older machines suck, I built a tree spade for my 2005 series A and it was achore to roll back, had to lower arms, roll back and then lifrt, the new machine has no issues rolling back the spade

/ What do you consider 'high' hours on Toolcats and what to look for on higher hour machines #13  
What Series is it?
Good chart - one update - I believe that the rear diff lock does not exist at all on the 2009-2014 models. If it does, I'd love to know how to turn it on....

/ What do you consider 'high' hours on Toolcats and what to look for on higher hour machines #14  
Good chart - one update - I believe that the rear diff lock does not exist at all on the 2009-2014 models. If it does, I'd love to know how to turn it on....
that's my chart from my Used Buying Advice video. My understanding is that the diff lock was optional but I could be mistaken?

/ What do you consider 'high' hours on Toolcats and what to look for on higher hour machines #15  
I've been researching and have looked at a number of Toolcats between 2005 and 2015 and find no reference to diff locks on any non-solid axle machine, which implies no locker after 2006, right?