What do people use to add excavator traction when it gets really wet?

/ What do people use to add excavator traction when it gets really wet? #21  
That is a separate thread, this was two pages. you ask the question on how to get more traction with an excavator..... don't worry I won't comment any more and I will leave you with this you can't fix stupid..... jim
And who in the hell are you , go find something to do !

/ What do people use to add excavator traction when it gets really wet? #22  
I don't recall Brandi asking anything, just adding her experience. "Bygones." We've all eaten a foot sandwich or two. :sneaky:

/ What do people use to add excavator traction when it gets really wet? #23  
GOOD response!
Some are VERY quick to chastise,......and in a nasty sort of way!
........and think they are God's gift of an expert on whatever subject the thread is about.
I don't recall Brandi asking anything, just adding her experience. "Bygones." We've all eaten a foot sandwich or two. :sneaky:
I think that was more than a two feet sandwich.:eek:
hugs, Brandi

Last edited:
   / What do people use to add excavator traction when it gets really wet? #24  

GOOD response!
Some are VERY quick to chastise,......and in a rather nasty way!
Do you think I should correct his grammar in post #18?
hug, Brandi

/ What do people use to add excavator traction when it gets really wet? #25  
..... I think that was more than a two feet sandwich, Brandi
I've heard of 'Hoof in mouth' disease but also that there is no known cure. ;)

btw, disadvantage newer members who may not be aware of Brandi's creds as a skilled trades-person and 10/10 'you name it'. Some are born with the 'engineer gene' but just prefer to work with their hands. (y) (what made me think of that?)

/ What do people use to add excavator traction when it gets really wet? #26  
I've heard of 'Hoof in mouth' disease but also that there is no known cure. ;)

btw, disadvantage newer members who may not be aware of Brandi's creds as a skilled trades-person and 10/10 'you name it'. Some are born with the 'engineer gene' but just prefer to work with their hands. (y) (what made me think of that?)
This is what I do when I am not sliding down slopes and gaining criticism.
4-17-21 Twenty Seven 2x4s.jpg
4-17-21 Ten Foot 2x6s.jpg
Just another service I offer.
hugs, Brandi

/ What do people use to add excavator traction when it gets really wet? #27  
'Nuff said. :) (y)

/ What do people use to add excavator traction when it gets really wet? #28  
couple loads of 3 inch and under is popular around here.

/ What do people use to add excavator traction when it gets really wet? #29  
The governments contractor was installing a major sewer line extension in Anchorage. Their LARGE tracked excavator slid sideways into the open trench. It was initially buried up to the floor of the cab. I came by the following day and all that was visible - the very top of the cab and the "knuckle" on the boom.

Thawed out muskeg is that way.

/ What do people use to add excavator traction when it gets really wet? #30  
I've seen a few different products around but keen to know what people have tried.

Anyone used either of these?
- Montana Track Claws | Traction for your Heavy Machinery
- Traction, stability and safety for tracked vehicles

Dan
without any modifications and using what you have, just operate tracks by foot and pull yourself forward using the bucket. I do that to help get up 45degree banks and also its sometimes required on the flat when clay is like snot.