What do Metro ATL and western NC have in common? Me, I guess.

/ What do Metro ATL and western NC have in common? Me, I guess.
Welcome! My wife and I live full time in the Western NC mountains now at 4400’. We used to vacation here while we lived on the west coast in FL. We love the mountains; a great place for us to retire. We have about 20 acres here; in 3 parcels all in the same community. Not much flat land. One of our neighbors lives in Lawrenceville, but spends half his time here now. He trailers his BX back and forth.

Jack
Thanks for the welcome!

I'm no stranger to WNC as my mother was from the high country not too far from where we bought this land (Avery county), and I spent a couple years in Cullowhee as a student.

/ What do Metro ATL and western NC have in common? Me, I guess. #12  
3032514546.gif

and enjoy the forum!

/ What do Metro ATL and western NC have in common? Me, I guess. #13  
Welcome, our new place in East Texas is about the same except the hills part.

I used to travel 3-4 times a year to Roswell, for work. I hear you on the roads around the city.

3032514546.gif

and enjoy the forum!

Welcome, our new place in East Texas is about the same except the hills part.

I used to travel 3-4 times a year to Roswell, for work. I hear you on the roads around the city.

Thanks for the welcome!

Since this is a tractor forum, here's a family picture (not shown, 4ft Land Pride tiller).

As evidenced by this rainbow, I've not been very OCD about getting matching brands/colors.

tractor-equipment-rainbow.jpg

/ What do Metro ATL and western NC have in common? Me, I guess. #15  
Great family picture! I am very envious of your Morton building!

Jack

Great family picture! I am very envious of your Morton building!

Jack
I wanted a workshop of some description here at the house in GA... reached out to a few builders and got silence in return. Morton was one of the few that took the time to answer, they quoted me something that seemed pricey, until on another forum I found out about the "Morton Standard" pre-engineered ones. You can pick from certain lengths, widths, and overhead doors can only be centered on the gable end. Cheaper, but still a very well built building. I went back the Morton rep asking for a "standard" 30x40 (some workshop space plus room to store a travel trailer out of the weather), and now you see it.

I still don't have power out there (doing that myself, slowly) but it's nice to have things out of the weather.

/ What do Metro ATL and western NC have in common? Me, I guess. #17  
We have 1 year old Morton garage with 3 large doors and while expensive, it is attractive and very well built.

Attachments

• DD93A4B2-7ACA-4E85-B013-33A2191597B8.jpeg
    DD93A4B2-7ACA-4E85-B013-33A2191597B8.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 78
  • 49F8096F-E911-4F70-8740-327A70C729E3.jpeg
    49F8096F-E911-4F70-8740-327A70C729E3.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 76