What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?
Yeah, it is not easy. I have years of practice with simple one-gear-pump systems: first my homebuilt CADDigger 728, then my backhoe attachments on my tractors. These are much harder to use, vs. fancy modern hydraulics, with load-sensing and multiple HST-type pumps.

I use loader float all the time with 4n1 bucket, but rarely with a conventional bucket. When going forward in float, the tractor front end tends to come up when you push all but the lightest of materials. I can see using it pushing snow, but only powder, and not much at that.
Ok, that makes more sense now thanks for explaining.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #192  
put my mini to bed for the winter today! Gotta make some teeth for it this winter, rebuild the thingy that sticks down in front of the bucket in the way, AND install my adjustable flow control in the hyd. system!
Other than that I am satisfied with it,--- oh and rewire the damn hour meter so it dont run when you leave the disconnect bar on! lol!

put my mini to bed for the winter today! Gotta make some teeth for it this winter, rebuild the thingy that sticks down in front of the bucket in the way, AND install my adjustable flow control in the hyd. system!
Other than that I am satisfied with it,--- oh and rewire the damn hour meter so it dont run when you leave the disconnect bar on! lol!
Are you going to change to a hydraulic thumb?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #194  
No, I am just going to make the one on it 2 or 3 times as thick. I dont use it that much and most of the time its in the junkpile! Damn thing is in the way when digging. Also have decided to weld a 6" high extension to the blade. It will never hit anything the way I use the digger.

No, I am just going to make the one on it 2 or 3 times as thick. I dont use it that much and most of the time its in the junkpile! Damn thing is in the way when digging. Also have decided to weld a 6" high extension to the blade. It will never hit anything the way I use the digger.
I dont want to weld anything to my blade but I have been thinking about an attachment that just hangs on the blade and gives it another 5 or 6 "of height. I think it will work and be easily removed after I finished with it. So many ideas but almost no time to try them.

something like this but a lot smaller

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #197  
something like this but a lot smaller
That BladeBuddy looks great.

Another modification to consider: cutting a hole in the front of the blade and welding in a 2x2 receiver.

Note that the lifting capacity of the blade is huge, but that places a lot of pulling tension on the cylinder's upper pivot mount. Excessive lifting with the balde may have been what caused the damage to the inboard weldment posted from Utube previously.

That BladeBuddy looks great.

Another modification to consider: cutting a hole in the front of the blade and welding in a 2x2 receiver.

Note that the lifting capacity of the blade is huge, but that places a lot of pulling tension on the cylinder's upper pivot mount. Excessive lifting with the balde may have been what caused the damage to the inboard weldment posted from Utube previously.
Where are the best places to weld anchor points on the mini~X. Have you done it yet?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #199  
Where are the best places to weld anchor points on the mini~X. Have you done it yet?
I have not welded anything onto my mini that is just for holding it down on a trailer, if that is what you mean. If I trailered it now, I would put chains or straps around the blade mounting beams, and the boom base on the other side with the house turned 180-degrees backward, and the boom down.

What I have welded on so far is hose protection on the boom, plus wheel motor protection on the rear. I plan to enhance the latter soon, bracing my wheel protection from below. High on the list is a blade cylinder guard.

I have not welded anything onto my mini that is just for holding it down on a trailer, if that is what you mean. If I trailered it now, I would put chains or straps around the blade mounting beams, and the boom base on the other side with the house turned 180-degrees backward, and the boom down.

What I have welded on so far is hose protection on the boom, plus wheel motor protection on the rear. I plan to enhance the latter soon, bracing my wheel protection from below. High on the list is a blade cylinder guard.
I would like cylinder guards as well. Would 3 or 4 inch schedule 80 split in half,(lengthwise) be a waste of time? Would be easier for me to work with and I have lots of it laying around. I think I know the answer. :(