What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #201  
I would like cylinder guards as well. Would 3 or 4 inch schedule 80 split in half,(lengthwise) be a waste of time? Would be easier for me to work with and I have lots of it laying around. I think I know the answer. :(
Mostly we are trying to avoid the impact of a rock or big chunk of wood into the cylinder-hose connections, the rod, and the hoses themselves. The cylinder body is less vulnerable. I try to make a plate or bracket that stands off from the cylinder and the other sensitive bits, so it just bends when impacted hard. The bending absorbs the forces, rather than transmitting them into the things you are trying to protect.

For the blade cylinder, protection can not be installed much higher than the cylinder itself because it could be hit when the house rotates.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #202  
It would be handy to have something like a bucket to carry tools in. But the easier thing might be to add a receiver tube and use a hitch cargo carrier on the front blade if there's enough clearance? 500 lb. Steel Cargo Carrier

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?
There has been a lot of people buying these little diggers, so I want everyone to know the Flaws you may find on the L12 by AGT or Agrotk. First, there is a known issue with the hydraulic pick-up tube. Its too short and if you are operating on an incline, you may experience pump cavitation. The manufacturer knows about it and has sent some owners an extension to fix the issue. They have not sent me one yet. Second, the choke cable is not installed correctly and if you dont check it, you may have trouble starting the Briggs engine. Third, most of these diggers have issues with excessive heat. You will want to follow some of the posts here to find ideas to help cool your engine and hydraulic system. Fourth, Its nice that the L12 has a factory installed oil cooler and fan, but it has NO hydraulic filter other than the 100 micron screen in the tank. These are good little machines IF you give them extra love . That means keeping fluids clean and changed regularly, and proper filtration is very important. If you buy one of these guys, budget an extra $200 for the filtration you need to add. Fifth, you may get a machine that is put together very well, or you may get one that has loose parts everywhere. Be prepared for some checking, tightening, changing, improving, improvising, and researching. My machine has 22 hours and not a single loose bolt yet, and I have checked everything. your results may vary!. So, the important question is this;; Would I buy it again? YES, I would not hesitate to buy my L12 again, and I gave more for it than 20231125_164752.jpg they are selling for now.. Last point,, use caution when considering an auction machine. Check for an AGT identification plate. A legitimate serial number will start L12xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
It would be handy to have something like a bucket to carry tools in. But the easier thing might be to add a receiver tube and use a hitch cargo carrier on the front blade if there's enough clearance? 500 lb. Steel Cargo Carrier
I want to make a tool box 1x3ft of wood like the old carpenter box. very simple and plain open top. a rope for a handle so I can hang it on my bucket and head to the woods with it.
th.jpg

Last edited:
   / What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #205  
I forget who suggested it, but someone suggested using a tow behind yard cart in one of the other mini x threads.

Between carrying a portable which, rope, pulleys, chainsaw, etc., I think a yard cart would be my best option if there's a way to add a simple tow hitch?

The thorn tree to the right is one of the reasons a tracked mini appeals to me. Plus, there isn't much room in some of the areas I need to work for a full size tractor. A grapple would be handy for dealing with the thorns.

Clearing work.jpg

I forget who suggested it, but someone suggested using a tow behind yard cart in one of the other mini x threads.

Between carrying a portable which, rope, pulleys, chainsaw, etc., I think a yard cart would be my best option if there's a way to add a simple tow hitch?

The thorn tree to the right is one of the reasons a tracked mini appeals to me. Plus, there isn't much room in some of the areas I need to work for a full size tractor. A grapple would be handy for dealing with the thorns.

View attachment 846175
I think you can easily attach a hitch to the blade and then spin the house so the bade is behind you towing the cart. you could weld or bolt a Zeroturn hitch to the blade.husqvarna-zero-turn-mower-rear-hitch-kit-for-rz--z200-models-587-48-12-01.jpg

Someone asked why I am hesitant to buy auction machines. I've noticed several posts like this so I thought I would share the most recent one. Link didn't work so I took a pic. Its currently on FB group.
20240113_172724.jpg

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #208  
I pulled the hydraulic return line off today and took a bunch of measurements and pictures to help find the right fittings to convert to/from the inlets for my hydraulic filter that I'm adding. I haven't even had a chance to try to figure out what fittings I'll need but here are the pictures of the fittings and measurements.

Attachments

• 20240114_113432.jpg
    20240114_113432.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 40
  • 20240114_112657.jpg
    20240114_112657.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
  • 20240114_112004.jpg
    20240114_112004.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 39
  • 20240114_111724.jpg
    20240114_111724.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 37
  • 20240114_111713.jpg
    20240114_111713.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 41
I pulled the hydraulic return line off today and took a bunch of measurements and pictures to help find the right fittings to convert to/from the inlets for my hydraulic filter that I'm adding. I haven't even had a chance to try to figure out what fittings I'll need but here are the pictures of the fittings and measurements.
416839400_10211026238129284_295661653118499607_n.jpg

If this is the filter you are installing, it may be as simple as 2 adaptors. My setup is much more complicated due to the factory cooler, which is rumored to have fittings not available in the USA. another option would be to remove your 2 lines and take them with your filter and have 2 new lines made.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #210  
You want to measure the OD of a male threaded fitting. These are DIN metric O-ring fittings. Here is a chart of the ODs for DIN Light:

The OD is going to be 12, 14, 16, or 18mm. The thread pitch will likely be 1.5mm per thread. I doubt you have DIN Heavy fittings.

I post a chart from DiscountHydraulicHose.com on the back of my workshop door. They have all the fittings you need, plus don't forget to buy some extras, including plugs when you order. Or just go to a local shop if you have one.