What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?
Yeah, he needs a float function on the blade valve. But very interesting test. I have watched that guy's vids and he gets a lot of credit for innovation.

I also like the trimmer vid.
A simple trick I use to minimize damage to our blacktop drive and the grass when I use the Kubota loader bucket to push snow; I take a 48" piece of schedule 80, with a circular saw, cut a straight line end to end. then force it on the cutting edge of bucket.. works very well for me..it may also help in gravel, but I havent tried it on gravel.

This is why I need a hydraulic thumb. I give the old Craftsman credit, its pretty tough, made by AYP

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #183  
Looks like they do pretty good in snow..
Well, It looks like its making a big mess, learning curve?

That was me today but with my truck. Making a mess that is. I had a half ton ram with a 7.5’ boss v plow the last 5 years. I got a 3/4 ton ram with a 8’ fisher straight blade. My god did I screw my yard up. The ground isn’t really frozen and I shoulda bumped it up but I didn’t. My blade caught the water shutoff pipe from the town and it actually broke the pipe off. I don’t think it’s gonna hurt anything but shouldn’t have happened. Then went and “plowed the old lady” a few houses down as I like to say haha. Her driveway is all back drag. It back dragged like crap I got stuck for a while. All and all it was pretty terrible first run with the plow. Hopefully I can get it to back drag better and figure it out. I had it down with the boss v plow.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #184  
...I use the Kubota loader bucket to push snow...
At least your loader has a float function.

When scraping the surface of my trails with the mini, I try to float the blade by feathering it at the same time I use the drive motor valves, also feathered. It can keep the blade from digging in. Not easy to do. Doesn't always work. Redneck float function.

I do use my tractor's 4n1 bucket to back-scrape my paved private road, to clean up the enormous amount of duff I get from the redwood trees.

As for snow, I don't miss my years in the rust belt. Last year's crazy winter here gave us snow that stayed on the ground for a week. I got PTSD from it.

Lots of crazy prices on these babyX.. Dont buy without doing a little research. :rolleyes::oops: $14,500 for a Chinese 1ton with Briggs.

Last edited:
That was me today but with my truck. Making a mess that is. I had a half ton ram with a 7.5’ boss v plow the last 5 years. I got a 3/4 ton ram with a 8’ fisher straight blade. My god did I screw my yard up. The ground isn’t really frozen and I shoulda bumped it up but I didn’t. My blade caught the water shutoff pipe from the town and it actually broke the pipe off. I don’t think it’s gonna hurt anything but shouldn’t have happened. Then went and “plowed the old lady” a few houses down as I like to say haha. Her driveway is all back drag. It back dragged like crap I got stuck for a while. All and all it was pretty terrible first run with the plow. Hopefully I can get it to back drag better and figure it out. I had it down with the boss v plow.
Wow!! Thats a rough day. I think you will get plenty of practice. We are in for a cold and snowy ride for a while..

At least your loader has a float function.

When scraping the surface of my trails with the mini, I try to float the blade by feathering it at the same time I use the drive motor valves, also feathered. It can keep the blade from digging in. Not easy to do. Doesn't always work. Redneck float function.

I do use my tractor's 4n1 bucket to back-scrape my paved private road, to clean up the enormous amount of duff I get from the redwood trees.

As for snow, I don't miss my years in the rust belt. Last year's crazy winter here gave us snow that stayed on the ground for a week. I got PTSD from it.
Interesting idea with the redneck float.. I can see how that would lower the downpressure and allow the blade to lift, but that would take incredible coordination in my opinion. You must get a lot of practice.

In my experience, the float function on a loader is only effective when backdragging. I guess you have had different results?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #188  
Wow!! Thats a rough day. I think you will get plenty of practice. We are in for a cold and snowy ride for a while..
Think so? I’m up in ne Connecticut. We don’t really get winter anymore it seems.

Think so? I’m up in ne Connecticut. We don’t really get winter anymore it seems.
I think there are at least 3 storms expected in next 2 weeks.. around here in Ohio we are due for a major snowstorm.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #190  
Interesting idea with the redneck float.. I can see how that would lower the downpressure and allow the blade to lift, but that would take incredible coordination in my opinion. You must get a lot of practice.

In my experience, the float function on a loader is only effective when backdragging. I guess you have had different results?
Yeah, it is not easy. I have years of practice with simple one-gear-pump systems: first my homebuilt CADDigger 728, then my backhoe attachments on my tractors. These are much harder to use, vs. fancy modern hydraulics, with load-sensing and multiple HST-type pumps.

I use loader float all the time with 4n1 bucket, but rarely with a conventional bucket. When going forward in float, the tractor front end tends to come up when you push all but the lightest of materials. I can see using it pushing snow, but only powder, and not much at that.