What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?
I have more parts on order for the baby digger. Has anyone ever cut a hole in a metal gas tank? I want to put a fuel gauge in the mini-X. What did you do with your baby digger today?
81Hx0xgl38L._AC_AA180_.jpg81xzvPr8ZjL._AC_AA180_.jpg7146KGOfMIL._AC_AA180_.jpg615+WGS-T3L._AC_AA180_.jpg

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #132  
I want to put a fuel gauge in the mini-X.
You can install a fuel cap gauge, like a Rotary 12074. Dunno if that one fits, but they are a simple easy addition. Your engine may have the evaporative emission hole for the charcoal cannister as well.

If you want a better electric gauge, and want to cut a separate bung hole, then just remove the tank, empty the gas, and get out the hole cutter. Just leave the empty tank open overnight if you are concerned about sparks.

Post a photo if you do it. Check to see how much charge current you have first.

You can install a fuel cap gauge, like a Rotary 12074. Dunno if that one fits, but they are a simple easy addition. Your engine may have the evaporative emission hole for the charcoal cannister as well.

If you want a better electric gauge, and want to cut a separate bung hole, then just remove the tank, empty the gas, and get out the hole cutter. Just leave the empty tank open overnight if you are concerned about sparks.

Post a photo if you do it. Check to see how much charge current you have first.
All the parts shown should arrive tomorrow. I will post pics as I go, unless tank explodes. My plan is to remove tank and blow it out thoroughly with the air hose. Its not very high on the list, getting hyd filter installed outranks it. I ordered the 2000lb WLL, hooks and d-rings, thinking the little machine can't do that much to hurt them. Before I weld them, do you think I will break them?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #134  
dug out some honeysuckle bushes and bent another outer tooth! Damn teeth are junk on these things!

The Briggs has the EPA charcoal evap gas cap on it. Quite a nice setup if you want to ruin a good engine and just create more problems for the end user. Just like when the EPA got involved with our gas cans. I spill waaaaaaaay more fuel with the new cans than the old ones. But, the govt never gives up on a bad idea.:mad::oops:

dug out some honeysuckle bushes and bent another outer tooth! Damn teeth are junk on these things!
Wow! I know the honeysuckle can be tough but, bucket teeth shouldn't do that..:oops::confused: Is yours the L12?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #137  
I thought you were supposed to fill the tank with water to purge any fuel vapors?

I thought you were supposed to fill the tank with water to purge any fuel vapors?
Seems like I recall that from years ago on large fuel tanks. I hope its not necessary on a tiny tank. I try so hard to keep moisture out of the fuel system, it will be hard to fill my tank with water.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #139  
Seems like I recall that from years ago on large fuel tanks. I hope its not necessary on a tiny tank. I try so hard to keep moisture out of the fuel system, it will be hard to fill my tank with water.
It is not necessary. If you don't want to wait overnight, then use some compressor air, blow into the tank with it upside down. The gas evaporates very quickly. I wait overnight with the cap off upside down, and no more gas. No water.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #140  
I ordered the 2000lb WLL, hooks and d-rings, thinking the little machine can't do that much to hurt them. Before I weld them, do you think I will break them?
Unless your welds are poor, the weakest link will likely be the carcass of your bucket.