What did you buy this week?

/ What did you buy this week? #151  
I'm a little late on replying to this, but I've had a 2018 Tundra from new though mine is the work truck package, not a fancy TRD. Everyone says never buy a new vehicle because of depreciation blah, blah, blah. I get it, but I have no regrets about the Tundra. My last daily vehicle was a daily for 18 years, and that was a GM product. Depreciation is not a concern for me. You made a good call. I'd have a high mileage Tundra over a low mileage Nissan any day of the week. The only thing I would recommend is getting it to the dealership to get all the software updates if they haven't been done already. None of them affect drive-ability, but it can't hurt.

A cousin of mine owns a supercharged 2nd generation Tundra, from the factory, putting out just over 500 horsepower. He purchased it a few years back with just over 100k miles, his dream truck, and it's been nothing but reliable for him. Like the Tundra or not, that 5.7 and 6 speed drivetrain was bulletproof.

/ What did you buy this week? #152  
Did y'all get like the turkey???????

2 induction plates
new small convection oven
new tail light assy for my truck
new dash panel for truck uv proof
20 lbs yeast flakes for cooking
kit ryobi drill & driver
32 inch & 43 inch TV

willy

/ What did you buy this week? #153  
Did y'all get like the turkey???????

2 induction plates
new small convection oven
new tail light assy for my truck
new dash panel for truck uv proof
20 lbs yeast flakes for cooking
kit ryobi drill & driver
32 inch & 43 inch TV

willy
I have a few Ryobi drills. Started using them when they first came out and just stayed with em over 20 plus years. Mostly all their tools are good. I got a couple aftermarket 6 amp batteries, they have done well. I have many Ryobi tools that share the same batteries.

/ What did you buy this week? #154  
I have a few Ryobi drills. Started using them when they first came out and just stayed with em over 20 plus years. Mostly all their tools are good. I got a couple aftermarket 6 amp batteries, they have done well. I have many Ryobi tools that share the same batteries.
They hook you with the batteries. I have DeWalt stuff. None of the batteries are interchangeable from brand to brand so you get trapped in their world. I've passed some good sale items over the years because of this.

/ What did you buy this week? #155  
Had my original DeWalt OEM batteries from the 90's rebuilt once and so far so good.

It was at batteries plus and at the time I was asked if I wanted the premium cells and I said ok...

I did find it interesting the 2 battery plus stores about 20 miles apart had very different pricing on the identical items.

/ What did you buy this week? #156  
They hook you with the batteries. I have DeWalt stuff. None of the batteries are interchangeable from brand to brand so you get trapped in their world. I've passed some good sale items over the years because of this.
I have stayed with the ryobi brand so they would use all the same batteries. So I have several ryobi batteries, tools, and chargers around. Been a pretty good choice for the most part. I did buy a very disappointing Ryobi angle grinder. But good stuff list ;
1/4" drills
1/4" impact
1/2" impact
fans
blowers
vacuum
flashlights
skilsaw
sawzall
All good, all use the same batteries.

/ What did you buy this week? #157  
Looking at a raised bed shaper for the 3-pt. Jang JP1 seeder... I'm tired of having 8 acres that is mowed. I have one acre in clover and another in phacelia for honey production. Going to put another acre in vegetables.

Last edited:
   / What did you buy this week?
One acre of Veggies is a worthwhile endeaver, it will keep you busy too!

/ What did you buy this week? #159  
Looking for a cultipacker 72". Everything big enough and heavy enough seems expensive :rolleyes:

/ What did you buy this week? #160  
$24.00 worth of tools from the Harbor Freight Black Friday Sale are the items I consider best bargains.