What current member has been with TBN the longest?

/ What current member has been with TBN the longest? #51  
April 7, 2000 was my join date. 22 years on Kubota M6800. Today just got delivery of TYM T1104

/ What current member has been with TBN the longest? #52  
I'm pretty sure Muhammad doesn't own a tractor. I'm over 50% sure he's never owned a tractor. Hopefully he can clarify this. :)

We had a bunch of garden tractors over the years but that doesn't count in these parts.

The story was the local JD dealer picked up the Kubota line probably in 1996... we (my parents) had 55 acres at the time. We needed a tractor but couldn't afford one. Kubota was the tractor of choice for many in the area so I started collecting brochures and memorizing specs for no reason.

The 55 acre place got sold and we moved to the suburbs until I was about 14, at that point we went back to the country and had 5 acres mostly wooded and shortly after moving there I got on the Kubota research track again. Now interestingly the seller of the 5 acre place had a Kubota that he had sold the weekend before my parents made an offer on the house.

I was a member of a few car forums and when it came to tractors there were some farm machinery forums but nothing for small equipment. I started "The Kubota Tractors Message Board" and later "Kubota Source" before Kubota got ahold of us a few months later. I had an idea of selling tractors online and had registered TractorByNet so we just rebranded to TBN and all makes and models.

Over the next few years (1999-2002) my family started making a transition to move to the western states so buying a tractor didn't happen despite owning the forum.

For many years TBN was just an expensive hobby that was losing money. Back then servers were expensive. Today our server bill is 1/3 what it was then, and our traffic is probably 10x higher. TBN started paying its server bill in 2001, then eventually it became a job. In 2002 we moved to Tucson and in 2005 to Carlsbad (San Diego) where we still reside.

Early on I was very private about some things specifically being under age for the first four years of running the site. People still enjoy that anecdote more than the fact that I'm still running it 24 years later.

I've only met up with a handful of TBN members over the years, including Bird when I was at a Kubota dealer meeting in Dallas a few years back. But I can't really put into words how much I appreciate the membership and the way so many people are willing to help and give their two cents on such an incredibly broad spectrum of topics.

Time has really passed a lot faster than I ever thought it would. I'm at the point now that I hope to keep the community thriving and online for many years to come. The internet has changed a lot but forums still exist and as long as people are still interested in talking about tractors, we'll keep the lights on.

/ What current member has been with TBN the longest? #53  
April 7, 2000 was my join date. 22 years on Kubota M6800. Today just got delivery of TYM T1104
We joined on the same day. And both still active here.

/ What current member has been with TBN the longest? #54  
We joined on the same day. And both still active here.
Yup that was the day that the user accounts started. You were both here before then but registration opened on April 6 or 7.

/ What current member has been with TBN the longest? #56  
You can claim seniority! Scroll the PC cursor over the screen name, and the user # shows at the bottom of the page.
Hmm. I’ll have to try that on my PC. That doesn’t work from my phone. It shows the join date but no member number.

/ What current member has been with TBN the longest? #57  
I remember bird was on the site when I joined 4/6/00
I remember when Bird and another were talking about an oil AMSOIL. and the sparkly bubbles when poured.
Was looking for information about Kubota and the starter
problems replacement was 900 bucks and the local starter repair just handed back saying No.
this was on another TBM site then all names disappeared and I'm now listed as Apr.10, 2000
also had become listed under another name so dropped one.
Been a long time seldom post but still read on nights cannot sleep.
finally have been released as cured from the Lymph Gland and other areas of surgery.
Supposed to lift only 10 pounds. and not use a chainsaw.
told Doc how does he clean his fence rows.
One person who needed a book on Cat dozer sent him a repair book wonder if he ever got it to run.
Also, this guy CRASH 325 tried to visit but he said not safe to visit at that time shortly later died in a trailer house fire.
ken

/ What current member has been with TBN the longest? #58  
Time has really passed a lot faster than I ever thought it would.
I wouldn't know it from your picture! You still look the same as when I joined a few years back. :eek: :cool::D:whistle: (I still need a :stirthepot: gif.)

/ What current member has been with TBN the longest? #59  
Hmm. I’ll have to try that on my PC. That doesn’t work from my phone. It shows the join date but no member number.
I get the same on my laptop. It must only work for the more veteran members.