What could Yanmar improve?

/ What could Yanmar improve? #41  
Skid steer quick attach. It is a standardized way of attaching implements to a front end loader, originally developed by Bobcat for their skid steers (hence the name). It has become a universal standard for attachments, so having one on your tractor opens up a lot of possibilities. Plus it's quick to use, as the name implies.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TractorByNet mobile app

/ What could Yanmar improve? #42  
Ok, got it. That would be awesome to have the FEL attachments standardized like the 3pt hitch attachments.

/ What could Yanmar improve? #43  
SSQA is even more standardized than 3 point hitches! No categories of hitch, different pin sizes, different pto shaft lengths or top bars... I think some day someone will invent a truly universal replacement for the 3 point hitch, with standardized pto hookups that just click in when you back up to the implement. Hey I can dream.

/ What could Yanmar improve? #44  
Thanks for the links! I see a project in my future.

/ What could Yanmar improve?
SSQA = Skid Steer Quick Attach (I think)

I am a founding member of AHA - Acronym Haters Anonymous. No one else has joined, tho.

I swapped the stock headlights for LEDs and they really punch, now. I haven't gotten to the side lights, but I will.

SSQA is even more standardized than 3 point hitches! No categories of hitch, different pin sizes, different pto shaft lengths or top bars... I think some day someone will invent a truly universal replacement for the 3 point hitch, with standardized pto hookups that just click in when you back up to the implement. Hey I can dream.

Deere has a 3 point quick attach that includes PTO hookup. A fresh coat of paint ant it will work on any brand. I actually am quite happy with the setup on my 347 as is, tho.

Nah....they are just being cheap. When I bought my 33hp New Holland 1925 in 1998, they told me they weren't available for that loader on it. Quick search on the net, I found ATI in (get this) New Holland, Pa, that makes a one for any tractor loader.

After owning a Deere 4310 for years - pushing the envelope for what it could safely handle - I wasn't even temped to look at anything smaller than the 347. Too many near misses for mishaps. Too many repairs for over stressing things.

But, I have crazy terrain and a little dense…

Most of the Skid Steer attachments look to be sized beyond the capacity of a smaller machine. Of course with experienced operators, that wouldn't be a problem. But, every one of those that I know; won't get anything less than 40hp.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
   / What could Yanmar improve? #48  

Everything is relative, my FEL quick detach/attach only works with Yanmar proprietary attachments. I have many third party options for my 3pt hitch starting with my new third party quick attach that works perfectly with my new 48" Yanmar/Woods rotary mower.

/ What could Yanmar improve? #49  
Okay Yanmar, forget everything else I've mentioned in my previous post. Just fix the location of this grease zerk on the 424 steering linkage. Sheesh. Points straight to the inside of the rim regardless of your steering direction, making it a REAL pain to seat your gun (poorly), even the bendy kind like mine. If anybody has a trick or tip for this one I'm all ears! 20180408_154507.jpg

/ What could Yanmar improve? #50  
Okay Yanmar, forget everything else I've mentioned in my previous post. Just fix the location of this grease zerk on the 424 steering linkage. Sheesh. Points straight to the inside of the rim regardless of your steering direction, making it a REAL pain to seat your gun (poorly), even the bendy kind like mine. If anybody has a trick or tip for this one I'm all ears! View attachment 547819

Well surely they meant for you to jack up the front end, remove the wheel, apply grease, reinstall wheel and lower.
Isn't that in the manual ? :D