What could have caused this ???

/ What could have caused this ??? #21  
I don't buy the microburst story for a second. That's not wind damage, that's impact damage. Perhaps a chunk of "blue ice" ball falling from an airplane....aka toilet flush. Could be anything falling from the sky, piece of space debris, etc. If the thunder was several seconds before the impact, possibly a meteor broken up and a piece crashed into the house. This is a low angle impact, certainly not wind damage. Microbursts are not that micro.

/ What could have caused this ??? #22  
I read years ago where a person (forest ranger I think) was hit by lightning on a nice sunny clear blue sky day. It was attributed to some thunder clouds over the mountain out of sight of the person. However I do like the idea of a UFO until proven otherwise. Makes sense until it doesn't.

/ What could have caused this ??? #24  
Some type of object impacted that roof. Pictures show that in sufficient detail.

• Good Post
Reactions: SPM
   / What could have caused this ??? #25  
It's not unheard of for ice to fall off an airliner and damage property. Ice would also melt leaving no evidence. Is the property in a flight path?

/ What could have caused this ??? #26  
I don't buy microburst in a clear blue sky. Other items would have been affected, like lawn furniture, and really anything that isn't nailed down. I've seen microbursts, and they can flatten forests and throw large objects around.

UFO's? Just because it is an unknown cause, doesn't mean that it should be blamed on another unknown. Why not say witches?

How hot was it? Could they have buckled from expansion from the heat and all let loose at once? Weather history for the past several days says temps of 108, so the roof temp in the sun would have been much more. If a couple rows were installed more tightly, then expansion would have had no where to go but up, and it makes sense that it was a sudden event, and causing a loud noise too.

/ What could have caused this ??? #27  
That was from the object coming into our world from another dimension.

/ What could have caused this ??? #28  
Weird how none are cracked…

/ What could have caused this ???
All,

There was no damage to the underpinning plywood, or even the vapor barrier. Also, there were a lot of leaves in his pool and he doesn’t have trees. The cover to his grill (under back porch) was also off and on the ground,

Believe me, I’m leery of the microburst theme too, but both the roofer and insurance agent agree on microburst.

One other possibility (and it fits into the wind made theory), is a heat driven dust devil. If it made contact at the worst part and moved westward ( to the rt) maybe that could have driven this. Dry lightening? There were no thunder storms anywhere w in 50-100 miles. Lightening also leaves charred marks..no such thing. And if it was an object of some sort, wouldn’t the impact hsce broken some of the tiles? None of them were broken.