What can your Mini excavator do?

/ What can your Mini excavator do? #51  
A backhoe can cross wider trenches safer than a mini escavator. I don't think I'd even try with a mini, seems like asking for trouble.

I'm not sure what you're saying about boulders though, I don't think I've ever seen a mini try to pick its way through boulders without just moving them.

You can do the same thing with an excavator, so why does this example keep comming back :drool: :drool: :drool:

/ What can your Mini excavator do? #52  
Are you over or under 15 yrs old?

Didn't notice the laughing or {just a joke}? Or are you just mad because of the more serious video :eek: that shows a real comparison not just a bunch of____opinions?
Yes I'm well into my 40's.

/ What can your Mini excavator do? #53  
Didn't notice the laughing or {just a joke}? Or are you just mad because of the more serious video :eek: that shows a real comparison not just a bunch of____opinions?
Yes I'm well into my 40's.

OK, sure fooled me. :p

Maybe I should sell the backhoe and get a skid steer so that way I can justify 2 machines can outwork one.

Kinda the same logic as my DMAX not being as powerful as a modified 6L. :laughing:

/ What can your Mini excavator do? #54  
I thought you allready said you were going to do that :D

After my backhoe wears out (almost 6,500 hours on it now) I am changing to a tracked skid steer and a 12-14K ex.

6500hrs aint much as long as you've maintained her good. I figure the old hein werner I had must have been well into the 20k+hrs. I really enjoyed running that beast, not sure what worked harder me or the machine :D. I'd of put money back into it, if it had not had so many issue's{bought it that way}.

/ What can your Mini excavator do? #55  
A backhoe can cross wider trenches safer than a mini escavator. I don't think I'd even try with a mini, seems like asking for trouble.

I'm not sure what you're saying about boulders though, I don't think I've ever seen a mini try to pick its way through boulders without just moving them.

Here's me building a 5' high boulder retaining wall with my "Walmart Cruiser". I don't think a mini ex could move the bigger base boulders without taking too much time, effort or destroying the machine. Too heavy and far from where they were dumped. I can lift ~7,000lbs in my FEL and they weighed all of that.

Attachments

• DSCN2593.JPG
    DSCN2593.JPG
    816.4 KB · Views: 358
  • DSCN2598.JPG
    DSCN2598.JPG
    811.6 KB · Views: 311
  • DSCN2595.JPG
    DSCN2595.JPG
    811 KB · Views: 326
   / What can your Mini excavator do? #56  
Thanks for sharing the pictures, that's a nice lookin piece of equipment, strong as an ox for sure. Everytime I dig on our property I run into rocks like that and bigger can make for a lot of work. I only have small machines now so ingenuity comes into play a lot.

/ What can your Mini excavator do? #58  
Can a backhoe do this? :laughing:

I guess I'd be impressed too if I was 14 yrs old. :laughing:

Back to the topic: The reality of the situation is this: Given one machine a backhoe can do a wider array of jobs than a similar ex. If the Ex is accompanied with a skid steer, then they have an advantage over the B/H.

If you own a business, you know that to operate 2 machines at once, you need 2 operators. You also introduce the problem of having 2 engines, 2 pumps and double the maintenance headaches.