What Brand Loader?????

/ What Brand Loader????? #1  

ovrszd

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, Ford 555A, JD2210
We want to buy a loader for our Kubota B2910. Open for ideas about brand?? It appears Woods is stronger than Kubota for example. Haven't gotten any prices yet so don't know how they compare in that way. Just open for opinions about brand, price, quality, etc?? Also looking for ideas about what options to buy such QA Bucket, Bucket Size, etc?? Thanks in advance!!! :)

/ What Brand Loader????? #2  
I'm going through the same process. I 've looked at Koyker, Bush Hog, Woods, Westendorf, and New Holland for my NH 1720. Our tractors are comparable in size. I've narrowed it down to Woods and Bush Hog due to dealer support. The 2426QT Bush Hog and Woods 1009/1012/1016 are sized for my unit. The biggest advantage I see with the Woods unit is that they have the quick-attach carrier available for the 1009/1012/1016 series where-as Bush Hog does not. I can't compare quality levels of both units but my dealer sells both. I have friends with both loaders and they are satisfied with the units. Strength and lift are similiar for all the units listed. The New Holland is out of consideration due to cost and performance. The rollback, dump angles, and lift performance is less than the other units

Right now I'm leaning to the Woods 1009 due to the quick attach carrier availability. My friend has an L3130 on his and he loves it. If Bush Hog comes out with that feature for a 2426QT then my options are more muddled. I have an affinity for Bush Hog products. My father is a retired tractor/farm implemenmt salesman. He and I BOTH believe in Bush Hog quality and service. We've had many of their products on our farm over the years and he still knows the sales rep for our local dealer. I would not expect any problems with the unit but they would be easy for me to work with. Good luck in your chioce.

/ What Brand Loader?????
Turbys_1700 said:
I'm going through the same process. I 've looked at Koyker, Bush Hog, Woods, Westendorf, and New Holland for my NH 1720. Our tractors are comparable in size. I've narrowed it down to Woods and Bush Hog due to dealer support. The 2426QT Bush Hog and Woods 1009/1012/1016 are sized for my unit. The biggest advantage I see with the Woods unit is that they have the quick-attach carrier available for the 1009/1012/1016 series where-as Bush Hog does not. I can't compare quality levels of both units but my dealer sells both. I have friends with both loaders and they are satisfied with the units. Strength and lift are similiar for all the units listed. The New Holland is out of consideration due to cost and performance. The rollback, dump angles, and lift performance is less than the other units

Right now I'm leaning to the Woods 1009 due to the quick attach carrier availability. My friend has an L3130 on his and he loves it. If Bush Hog comes out with that feature for a 2426QT then my options are more muddled. I have an affinity for Bush Hog products. My father is a retired tractor/farm implemenmt salesman. He and I BOTH believe in Bush Hog quality and service. We've had many of their products on our farm over the years and he still knows the sales rep for our local dealer. I would not expect any problems with the unit but they would be easy for me to work with. Good luck in your chioce.

have you got far enough along to know if there's a price difference between a NH loader and a Woods or Bush Hog?

/ What Brand Loader????? #4  
ovrszd said:
It appears Woods is stronger than Kubota
Please check your tractor specs and the loader specs for any aftermarket loader you are considering. Many loaders provide a rated capacity at a specified PSI and GPM. If your tractor does not provide that same level of PSI then you won't get the rated capacity of the loader. There has been some discussion of people who bought Woods loaders claiming they got greater capacity but in the specific instance, the loader required 2200psi to achieve the claimed capacity but the tractor could only put out a maximum of 2000psi, yielding a loss of nearly 10% of the claimed capacity.

Also, and this has been posted dozens of times, make sure when you compare loader specs that you compare them at the same points. So only compare "pivot point" capacity to "pivot point" capacity. If one brand provides "pivot point" capacity and another provides 500mm/19.7" forward of the pivot point, then you need to reduce the brand that provides pivot point capacity by roughly 30% (multiply the pivot point capacity x 0.70) to equalize them.

/ What Brand Loader?????
Bob_Skurka said:
Please check your tractor specs and the loader specs for any aftermarket loader you are considering. Many loaders provide a rated capacity at a specified PSI and GPM. If your tractor does not provide that same level of PSI then you won't get the rated capacity of the loader. There has been some discussion of people who bought Woods loaders claiming they got greater capacity but in the specific instance, the loader required 2200psi to achieve the claimed capacity but the tractor could only put out a maximum of 2000psi, yielding a loss of nearly 10% of the claimed capacity.

Also, and this has been posted dozens of times, make sure when you compare loader specs that you compare them at the same points. So only compare "pivot point" capacity to "pivot point" capacity. If one brand provides "pivot point" capacity and another provides 500mm/19.7" forward of the pivot point, then you need to reduce the brand that provides pivot point capacity by roughly 30% (multiply the pivot point capacity x 0.70) to equalize them.

Yep, totally agree with all that. Did you ever notice that each manufacturer measures things a little differently?? Kind of a smoke screen isn't it.

I compared a Woods 1012 to a Kubota LA403. Couldn't find specs on a LA 402 which is what fits my B2910. The Woods loader has the highest lift capacity at bucket pivot pins by 283 pounds. The Woods has 2" cylinders where the Kubota has 1.57". The Woods has 50 degree dump angle compared to 40 degrees. The Woods has 35 degree roll back angle compared to 30 degree. The Woods has a 28" reach at max height compared to 24.6". The Woods has a maximum lift height of 102" compared to 84". Woods claims a tested pressure of 2250 lbs. Kubota lists a rated pressure of 2405, no claim to what it tested at.

So with this data the Woods loader appears to be the winner. I'm curious if anyone can give me any hands on information that would support or deny that. Thanks all. :)

/ What Brand Loader????? #6  
I would also take into consideration a skid steer QT compatable. I know I can't find one for the LA402 fel that came on my B7800

/ What Brand Loader????? #7  
The Woods does seem to outspec the 402. I have a 402 and have no complaints with it but more capacity is always better! The only concern I might have, and it is not a biggie, is that the larger cylinder size would require more hydraulic fluid volume, and that would mean that the cycle rates would probably be somewhat slower on the Woods unit. If it is too slow, then it would be a PITA to use, but if it is only a couple seconds slower then it would be no big dea.

/ What Brand Loader????? #8  
My buddy got a 1009 Woods with his L3130. He has been very pleased with the unit so far. The 1009 is the same loader as the 1012 except for the 4 bar linkage that increases roll back angle. I think that the heavy duty bucket comes standard on the 1012. I don't know the exact difference in price between the two units. The 1009 dump angle is 45 deg versus the 1012 at 50. The rollback difference is 22 degrees versus 35 degrees on the 1012. I'm gonna get prices on both units to compare. If the savings warrant I'll go with the 1009. The main thing is to get the quick attach carrier system on either unit. I wish that Bush Hog offered this on the 2426QT.

/ What Brand Loader?????
Timber said:
I would also take into consideration a skid steer QT compatable. I know I can't find one for the LA402 fel that came on my B7800

Good point Timber, I definitely want a QA bucket system that is compatable with skid steer if possible.

/ What Brand Loader?????
Turbys_1700 said:
My buddy got a 1009 Woods with his L3130. He has been very pleased with the unit so far. The 1009 is the same loader as the 1012 except for the 4 bar linkage that increases roll back angle. I think that the heavy duty bucket comes standard on the 1012. I don't know the exact difference in price between the two units. The 1009 dump angle is 45 deg versus the 1012 at 50. The rollback difference is 22 degrees versus 35 degrees on the 1012. I'm gonna get prices on both units to compare. If the savings warrant I'll go with the 1009. The main thing is to get the quick attach carrier system on either unit. I wish that Bush Hog offered this on the 2426QT.

Good info there. That's why I was looking at the 1012 but I don't have any prices yet. If you get to the pricing, let me know what you find out. I certainly don't have anything against the Kubota loader, but if I can buy one as good or better for less money by switching brands, I'm all for that.