What am I missing?

/ What am I missing? #1  

shooterdon

Elite Member
Near Johannesburg MI but in the middle of nowhere
Tractor
2019 LS XR4140 HST Cab; 2020 Kawasaki Mule SX; 2021 Bad Boy 54" ZT Elite

Saw this and wondered....Who would spend over $100 on this?

I admit that I spill a bit of stuff when topping off the saw. I usually fill the saw on the ground or tailgate of the Kawasaki Mule, and the bit of stuff I spill is not good for the environment...but it is my land so I accept the risk. Have not grown a third ear yet.

The little storage compartment is neat. Might be really handy if I did not have the Mule to carry stuff.

/ What am I missing? #2  
I think that's the idea. This way you can go out with saw in one hand and tank in other and have all you need for a couple hours of cutting. Nice if you are just walking your yard or close by and keeps everything handy.

But like you, I usually work off of the back of my pick-up, dump truck or the loader bucket. I keep gas, oil, and sharpening tools in a bucket. But the truck or tractor is usually there to move the wood and branches for one reason or another. I guess if you are cutting trails and are leaving the wood, then this would be nice. I see one buyer mounted a shoulder strap. Neat idea.

/ What am I missing? #3  
Actually my $20, 10 year old plastic gas container does just fine, I just try not to be sloppy.... Besides there are enzymes in the soil that will actually eat the petroleum products over time, if you don't spill the gas then the enzymes starve....

/ What am I missing? #4  
   / What am I missing? #5  
Neither one for me, thank you. I already have all the gas cans and chain oil bottles I need. Oil tanks on my saws seem to last a long time (like four gas re-fills). Fill up both, tote the gas can if needed. If you're cutting for 4 hours, you'd be carrying a bunch of supplies (on your atv, tractor, truck...) anyway.

/ What am I missing? #6  
There’s something like that which is much more expensive that I considered. It also replaces the chainsaw cap and is just like a race car, you never unscrew anything, they mate together and the tank vents into the can no other vapor/spill. But it’s $$.

/ What am I missing? #7  
expensive for sure but as business owner myself I point finger at someone else. Old cans could be good for your lifetime if treated well. I recycle so old 1 gallon milk jugs get used for bar oil and breaking large cans of 2 cycle oil into field sized jugs.

then someone got the idea to make changes

- some one decides gas cans needed to be childproof. Redesign to add those funny ratching locks on the caps front and back vent. Junk the old stock and change production machinery.
then
- some one decides vents no longer acceptable. Redesign and retool. Remove rear vent and make a new 2 tube spout.
then
- some one decides new spouts are always open no longer acceptable. Redesign and retool again to scrap the 2 tube spouts and add spring loaded closures.
then
- someone decides new childproof burn features required so another redesign to the anti flame thingy.
then
- someone decides plastic cans are too permiable and gas can actually "breath" through the plastic so another plastic needs to be used. Another redesign and retool.
etc/etc/etc

I have very bad arthritis.... I am lobbying for reasonable accommodation and want another redesign to this crap. This design might actually last a person lifetime and cheaper / easier on the environment than the costs and wastage of all these redesigns.
1677170193965.png

/ What am I missing? #8  
Can't make money if people reuse things :)

On the other hand we do have a certain part of the population that still fills up plastic shopping bags full of gas when prices rise.

/ What am I missing? #9  

Saw this and wondered....Who would spend over $100 on this?

I admit that I spill a bit of stuff when topping off the saw. I usually fill the saw on the ground or tailgate of the Kawasaki Mule, and the bit of stuff I spill is not good for the environment...but it is my land so I accept the risk. Have not grown a third ear yet.

The little storage compartment is neat. Might be really handy if I did not have the Mule to carry stuff.
Part of the reason the price is so high is that it is not sold in the US (does not meet US gas can specs) so you are paying shipping and handling - from Japan in this case. I saw a similar link a while ago which shipped from a European seller.

It might be more affordable if someone were shipping container loads of them, rather than shipping a single unit to a retail customer.

Last edited:
   / What am I missing? #10  
No thanks. And after spilling diesel fuel when refilling tractor, due to the ineffective and cumbersome "safe"spout, struggling at other times, I bought a vent and regular nozzle on Amazon.