What about AGCO Allis

/ What about AGCO Allis #1  

Owen

Tractor
In the market for one.
I am in the market to buy a 45 to 60 hp tractor for general farm use (haying, bush hogging, etc). I think that I have narrowed the field down to either a Kubota M4900 or M5700 or AGCO Allis 5650 or 5660. I can find much information about the Kubotas but nothing about the AGCO Allis. Help.

/ What about AGCO Allis #2  
http://www.kubotatractor.com has a link to an AGCO site, that might be of help to you.

Also the frame size of the 3 smaller M Series M4900/M5700 and M6800 are all pretty close in size with the tires and engine being a little larger on the 6800 as well as having telescoping links on the 3 point. They all use the same loader LA1002. The 2000 models have significant improvement over the 1999 models and are usually identified with an S in the model number.

/ What about AGCO Allis
Thanks for the web site for AGCO. I am now curious to know if anyone owns an AGCO Allis 5000 series. Reading disscusions on this site, most people seem to favor Kubota. They then go on to include NH and JD as the big three in the tractor business. Is AGCO Allis out of the loop? How does AGCO Allis compare? Surely they are not gray market tractors, are they?

/ What about AGCO Allis #5  
Owen,

You're right about the board favoring Kubota. This board in a previous life was a Kubota only board. Remember, this board is predominately compact tractors, I don't know if 45-60 hp fits in this definition.

I own New Holland...keep in mind that it is part of CNH (case new holland) and IT is the world's largest manufacturer of agricultural equipment! From deductive reasoning, one could conclude that they sell more tractors than anyone else. However, I don't know where one would get ahold of the numbers.

Good Luck, and always keep in mind how the tractor fits you, your needs, the dealer, dealer location to you, etc. no matter what color you're looking at.

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ What about AGCO Allis #6  
Yeah, I found the link on the Zimmerer Tractor Board. Hope that helped. Nope, few AGCO around here. Resale favors Kubota and John Deere.

I have a 68 HP Kubota M6800SD 4WD with all synchromesh transmission and synchro shift on the instrument panel. Really nice tractor. Had a Massey before and it is certainly in the top 5, but was a little slow to sell because everyone is looking for Kubotas and Deeres.

The larger Kubota compacts (L Models) and smaller M Series are built in a pretty compact frame with short wheelbase and plentiful power for a fully equipped tractor. The price difference between models is pretty low so it is possible to get the one you need in about the same size tractor. The Kubota's are very well engineered and the reliability is undisputed. The engines burn clean and run well.

/ What about AGCO Allis
wen and JimBinMI...Thanks for all the help. There are two different dealers close to me that my grandfather has done much business with. He bought his M5400 from one and all his haying equipment from the other. They both have been in business for a long time. One sales Kubotas, MF, Long, and Zetors. The other sales AGCO Allis and White. I feel equally at ease dealing with either one of these dealers. I am stilll undecided, but I have started me a tractor fund and am saving all the money I can.

I did speak with a friend who uses tractors for his business. He digs graves. He has two Kubotas that he has uses for eight years; he said without any problems. The AGCC 5000 series worries me because they are air cooled. The dealer says that he has not had any problems with the engines and that chicken house owners love them because there is no radiator to get clogged. But he did say they are noisier.

/ What about AGCO Allis #8  
Glad to help. If you need any info about the M Series (M6800), let me know.