We've had enough of television programming.

/ We've had enough of television programming. #121  
my brother was just here and he set up my roku tv to get u tube.

not u tube tv, just plain old u tube. luv it!

it's good but no keyboard to search with. the content is pretty much all i want. Lots of old concerts.

Brother said they have shut everything down and went with u tube tv. i think that's just what i call cable tv, only streaming.

He gets all the networks, 3 pbs, espn, golf, discovery, national geo etc etc etc.

i forgot to ask if it gets the oprah channel.

$50/ month.

Apparently roku and untube are fighting so for now, you can't get u tube tv on roku tv but they say.....soon.

$50 a month for all that.....i might do it.

/ We've had enough of television programming. #122  
Be glad that you didn't have to put up with the "Powerline referendum" ads for the referendum we just had. I was counting the days until the election...
Actually we did, at least on any broadcast channels since they're all Portland stations. Being where we live is considered part of the Portland tv market we often know more about what's happening in Maine than N.H.
Brother said they have shut everything down and went with u tube tv. i think that's just what i call cable tv, only streaming.

He gets all the networks, 3 pbs, espn, golf, discovery, national geo etc etc etc.
I've always wondered about the networks (CBS, NBC, etc.) on those services. Are they somewhat regionalized or do you just get the raw network feed or from some distant city? Kind of useless for local/regional news, weather, etc.

/ We've had enough of television programming. #123  
my brother was just here and he set up my roku tv to get u tube.

not u tube tv, just plain old u tube. luv it!

it's good but no keyboard to search with. the content is pretty much all i want. Lots of old concerts.

<<<<

There is a Roku app for Android and iPhone that lets you use the phone's keyboard on the TV. My TV has Roku built in, but I would expect that to work with their streaming devices also.

/ We've had enough of television programming. #124  
If you have a youtube account, you can save stuff to your favorites, using the mouse and keyboard on the computer and then slave the tv to that account so you can find stuff easier on the tv.
I waited until I had that capability (yt on the big tv) to watch Plane Savers.

/ We've had enough of television programming. #125  
I start YouTube on my phone, then transfer it to the roku.

/ We've had enough of television programming. #126  
I think it's all in what you call a commercial. If you mean selling stuff, I would believe your numbers, but when you add in station ID, coming attractions, previews, etc., only the FCC regulated OTA stations broadcast a full 42 minute program in an hour. Cable stations do 38 minutes of program with 22 minutes of "other" an hour.
Try checking the local & national news .

/ We've had enough of television programming. #127  
There is a Roku app for Android and iPhone that lets you use the phone's keyboard on the TV. My TV has Roku built in, but I would expect that to work with their streaming devices also.
You don't even need the app on some phones, pretty sure you can just pair it on many phones. Some Roku's also have a voice command remote.