Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit
I believe the stabilizers are at their max. There is only one side of each that is threaded.

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #12  
I think you spotted it. It is not the pins or bushings. The threaded sway bars are only extended at one end. Extend the other threaded end to an equal distance & it should fit.
Well, I pulled up another picture of those stabilizers and they appear to be pinned at the tractor end and only the implement end extends...

Apparently you remove the pin, rotate the tube to extend the implement end, then put the pin back in.

I'd never seen that before, so I looked it up. Learned something new today. 🙃

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #13  
My personal preference is the sliding 2 piece pin type and that is what you will find on 99% of larger tractors including ag tractors. You can buy them but they are pretty easy to make yourself. All you need is schedule 60 rectangular tube one that slide over the other and a drill press to drill the holes and possibly some weld on end links (they are at TSC as well in Cat 1 and Cat 2 and a couple pins to match the drilled holes. My pins are actually tethered to the inner link arm. Never cared for the threaded ones at all.

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #14  
Like Francis - I went from Cat 1 tractor to a Cat 2 tractor. My problem was not the 3-point hook up.

My Cat 1 implements simply would not do the job I needed to do. Whether on the smaller or larger tractor. All my smaller jobs/projects were complete. With the larger tractor I am able to take on the larger projects.

I think Francis is going to get away easy. Slowly, but surely, over a five year period. Upgraded all my land engagement implements to heavier duty, just plain heavier - Cat 2 implements.

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #15  
Like Francis - I went from Cat 1 tractor to a Cat 2 tractor. My problem was not the 3-point hook up.

My Cat 1 implements simply would not do the job I needed to do. Whether on the smaller or larger tractor. All my smaller jobs/projects were complete. With the larger tractor I am able to take on the larger projects.

I think Francis is going to get away easy. Slowly, but surely, over a five year period. Upgraded all my land engagement implements to heavier duty, just plain heavier - Cat 2 implements.
Look at the photo you posted. It looks like only one end of the sway controls is threaded out. The threaded parts should be equal. You have more adjustment not being used.

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #16  
Look at the photo you posted. It looks like only one end of the sway controls is threaded out. The threaded parts should be equal. You have more adjustment not being used.

IF the tractor end is threaded : you’d have to take one end apart & unthread it equally then it would lengthen
Letting the hitch arms come in closer to accept his mower in pic.

IF tractor end isn’t threaded then it would have to swivel freely for the opposite end to unthread.

I’m assuming those 2 pins on top of the PTO guard goes in the tractor ends & not threaded ?

Last edited:
   / Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #17  
Prepare to tear up your cat 1 implements on your cat 2 tractor

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #18  
I'm not familiar with your tractor but usually the axle end of that type of stabilizer when the pin is remove can be extended to another pin hole in the inner shank. If you twist the collar to shorten the threaded end, then with the pin you have laying on the pto shield removed the "fixed" shank attached at the axle end should extend and have another set of holes for the pin to go into.

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #19  
I have a mix of Cat 1 and 2 implements. Check out the Kubota telescoping stabilizer links. There may be a set that fits your machine.

Attachments

• IMG_3265.JPG
    IMG_3265.JPG
    239.8 KB · Views: 45
   / Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #20  
Stabilizer bars are set up wrong, should have equal threaded adjustment on both ends like a "standard turnbuckle" (by tool handling tube/blocks on tubes) ....

Screenshot 2024-04-11 112739.jpg