Well this is different............USA made BX vs BX231 in the UK

/ Well this is different............USA made BX vs BX231 in the UK #1  

BX23S-1

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX23S
Well this is quite a bit different. I see alot of things on the BX231 that aren`t on the USA made BX`s.
Even the mowing deck looks better built. The 3pt hitch, stabilizers are outside instead of inside.
Grab handle by the tank is lowered by the fuel cap, easier access. Headlights are different.

/ Well this is different............USA made BX vs BX231 in the UK #2  
Neat. Wonder if the rear RCVs are standard or extra cost? Relatively few of this size Kubota in the USA have remotes. Looks like two remotes. The deck looks to be pretty narrow, maybe a 54" ?

/ Well this is different............USA made BX vs BX231 in the UK
Neat. Wonder if the rear RCVs are standard or extra cost? Relatively few of this size Kubota in the USA have remotes. Looks like two remotes. The deck looks to be pretty narrow, maybe a 54" ?
Yeah i was thinkin the same JWR, 2 rear remotes, and 54in deck. And i noticed, and it might be just the video itself, but the headlights look higher, bigger too (?)
I didn`t know you could get an air ride seat either. Might be just a UK thing though. I haven`t researched it. Pretty sure my BX23s wouldn`t be able to have an air seat anyways.

I`m gonna have to take to my parts guy at our dealer about those rear 3pt arms & stabilizers. Look very interesting.

Did you see the hydraulic assist rod on the left side of the ROPS?
HUGE tail lights, and front facing lights, too, on the ROPS. Brake pedal next to the treadle pedal. No brake pedal on the left side.
Nice grab handle next to the dash on the left side.

LOL, i feel like i got cheated on my USA made BX23s

Last edited:
   / Well this is different............USA made BX vs BX231 in the UK #4  
No, I had not noticed the shock absorber/lowering assist rod on the ROPS. Never saw one of those before. Like the liftgate on an SUV.

/ Well this is different............USA made BX vs BX231 in the UK #5  
Is it a rear discharge mower? I don't see a discharge chute. With the square corners on the deck, I have to assume there are some curved baffles(?) on the underside. Otherwise those corners would really get packed.

Doug in SW IA

/ Well this is different............USA made BX vs BX231 in the UK #6  
Kinda neat set up. According to video 48" deck

/ Well this is different............USA made BX vs BX231 in the UK #7  
Don't get your hopes up for buying any of these euro parts IF it's anything like trying to buy front fenders.
From discussions here, anything not sold here doesn't even exist in a US dealership's parts database.
The fender discussion was more about Canadian tractors than UK machines so that might matter but good luck with it.
I could see emission and safety things being a "thing" in different countries but the basic "bones" (3pt arrangement, fenders, lightning, etc.) you'd think would be available as parts or factory installed.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Well this is different............USA made BX vs BX231 in the UK #8  
It would have been nice if I could have had the option of an air ride seat. I had to go out and buy a Grammer seat for mine to replace the back destroying one that came on my BX2680. I noticed it did not have a joystick on the fender. I'm glad mine came with one.

Dave

/ Well this is different............USA made BX vs BX231 in the UK #9  
Just out of curiosity, these "air ride" seats that's being discussed, are they? Or is it just a spring suspension seat.
An air ride seat that I'm familiar with requires compressed air, air lines and a valve for adjustment.

/ Well this is different............USA made BX vs BX231 in the UK #10  
It would have been nice if I could have had the option of an air ride seat. I had to go out and buy a Grammer seat for mine to replace the back destroying one that came on my BX2680. I noticed it did not have a joystick on the fender. I'm glad mine came with one.

Dave
Which Grammer seat did you get? Was it a direct fit or did you have to do any modifications? Forklift at work has a Grammer seat and it is super easy to adjust and very comfortable...