Well I did it

/ Well I did it #1  

deere755

Platinum Member
Tractor
Case 2090 Massey Ferguson 4233 John Deere 4700
I said I was not going to buy anything this year until the economy turned around, but it was a good deal and we have never been this busy with work before. I bought a used but well maintained 4700 4WD. We have enough contracts lined up to pay for the tractor this year and we have been asked to bid on some more so I feel good about buying it. I should be able to keep my son busy all summer. I am really shocked I thought we would be slow this year with the economy but this is lining up to be the busiest year we have ever had.

I will try to get some pix posted when it gets here. I had the dealer order 4 new rims and ag tires for it. They won't be in until the middle of May. If anyone is interested in some turf tires and rims for a 4700 PM me.

/ Well I did it #2  
Well I am glad to hear some good news for a change.:D:D:D

Good luck with the tractor and work this year.

Steve

/ Well I did it #4  
Apparently the market for utility tractors isn't all that bad. After months of research, I finally decide to pull the trigger on a new JD 3038e last week. The dealer called me Monday & said they're backordered 2 months due to high demand. He tried making a dealer transfer, but the dealers he contacted wouldn't give them up. They said they were selling at full retail & weren't interested in giving away the opportunity to make a buck on them.

/ Well I did it #5  
You will love the 4700. Did you get the 460 FEL?

I had a 2001 model 4500\460

I said I was not going to buy anything this year until the economy turned around, but it was a good deal and we have never been this busy with work before. I bought a used but well maintained 4700 4WD. We have enough contracts lined up to pay for the tractor this year and we have been asked to bid on some more so I feel good about buying it. I should be able to keep my son busy all summer. I am really shocked I thought we would be slow this year with the economy but this is lining up to be the busiest year we have ever had.

I will try to get some pix posted when it gets here. I had the dealer order 4 new rims and ag tires for it. They won't be in until the middle of May. If anyone is interested in some turf tires and rims for a 4700 PM me.

/ Well I did it
You will love the 4700. Did you get the 460 FEL?

I had a 2001 model 4500\460

No I did not get a loader. I very seldom ever need one but I have been told that if you own one you will be suprised at how much you will use it. My wife was wishing I would have and I may still try and get one later on.

/ Well I did it #7  
No I did not get a loader. I very seldom ever need one but I have been told that if you own one you will be suprised at how much you will use it. My wife was wishing I would have and I may still try and get one later on.

I had a neighbor who had 3 tractors, cut and baled hay, had a big garden, ran a herd of over 100 cows, and finally, after about 25 years, bought his first tractor with a front end loader. After a month or so, he said if he'd known how handy it was, he'd have bought one 20 years sooner.:D