Welding on a rear axle hub

/ Welding on a rear axle hub
A 60th #60 sprocket is a little more than 14.75 in dia. My axle hub is right at 13 in dia. . http://www.embmfg.com/File.aspx?id=2fcf52b7-77fe-416b-bcdc-7d9ec50ca357&display=full uses a double 68 tooth, #60 sprocket which is around 17in dia. When this weather breaks and I get back in my shop, I have to do some measureing, but it looks like a 60tooth is probably the smallest sprocket I will be able to use. My plans are to mount the sprocket to the back side of the hub, but I might end up mounting it to the end of a axle shaft down at the bottom. Dont really want to mount to a axle shaft as it would require more fabricating, more bearings, and I dont know what else. Right now my rearend housing is covered in snow. I might try to pull the hub and get it in the shop where I can actually set and stare at it and come up with a plan.

/ Welding on a rear axle hub #22  
I'm sure you know you will need to leave the axle on it with bearings at the differential end to hold the axle straight.

Dont think I am following you Brad. Right now, I only plan on using the hub and spindle and also plan on cutting the center section off the axle tube. The axle tube is sq and I plan on just making a base with gussetts to hold the tube upright.

It is a full floating axle..

If anybody has a small knuckle boom loader, I need to know the maxmium angle, with boom fully extended, that the boom will go down to. I figure on a maximum of 75* upright. I am trying to figure the mounting points of the cyl to the boom and the base. I am thinking about 25* below level and 75* up for a total of 100* lift.

Well, I thought I would post of pic of the hub, sprocket and base mount ready to start putting together. 0315151742a.jpg
Sprocket is a double row 72 tooth #60 and the base plate for boom is 3/4 by 20"dia