Weird Telephone Call

/ Weird Telephone Call #1  

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
I was sitting here perusing some of the posts on TBN and the telephone rang. I picked it up, and the caller ID said it was from ME! In other words, it was my home phone, calling my home phone...it gave my own name as the caller and my own telephone number as the origin! I answered and got a dial tone. I was a bit scary, to say the least. We had a storm last night and lost power sometime during the night, but I have no way to know if that was responsible in any way.

Anybody have any ideas?

/ Weird Telephone Call #2  
So long as the name "Mr. Hyde" didn't appear in the display I wouldn't be too concerned. Probably just the storm messed things up.

/ Weird Telephone Call #5  
I hope you slammed the receiver down hard when you hung up on yourself.
That'll teach you to make prank calls!

/ Weird Telephone Call
I hope you slammed the receiver down hard when you hung up on yourself.
That'll teach you to make prank calls!

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Maybe I DID have too much Tequila last night! :laughing:

/ Weird Telephone Call #7  
So 2L, your talking to yourself on the phone now?:laughing:

/ Weird Telephone Call #8  
Back in the early 70's I could dial a certain 4 dig.number and quickly hang up, The phone would ring back, Drove my sister crazy:confused2: I don't remember if I ever told her about that trick:D
good thing for me wasn't a caller ID back then;)

/ Weird Telephone Call #9  
Ha! Since my only phone here is my cell phone, I've an answer to that situation. I only turn on the cell when I want to make an outgoing call.
If the cell ever rings when its off - into the garbage for sure.

/ Weird Telephone Call #10  
My mom was telling me that the same thing happened to her about a year ago. I can't remember if she picked it up or what she heard if she did though.

Back in the early 70's I could dial a certain 4 dig.number and quickly hang up, The phone would ring back, Drove my sister crazy:confused2: I don't remember if I ever told her about that trick:D
good thing for me wasn't a caller ID back then;)

We used to do something similar with payphones... :laughing: