Weird Bulb - 12v45W with odd base, hi/low beams - any alternates for a plug n play replacement?

/ Weird Bulb - 12v45W with odd base, hi/low beams - any alternates for a plug n play replacement? #1  

artcarneyagr

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1250
I've got an odd headlight bulb, has hi and low beam, with a weird base. Marked as 12v45/45W

Are there any good plug n play alternates out there? Any LED options for this bulb?

20220313_193541.jpg
20220313_193547.jpg
20220313_193549.jpg

/ Weird Bulb - 12v45W with odd base, hi/low beams - any alternates for a plug n play replacement? #2  
Pop it out of the holder so we can see the base of the bulb? Looks like it removes when you push down and rotate CCW about 15 degrees.
The world has way too many weird bulbs.

/ Weird Bulb - 12v45W with odd base, hi/low beams - any alternates for a plug n play replacement? #3  
^^^^

/ Weird Bulb - 12v45W with odd base, hi/low beams - any alternates for a plug n play replacement?
I'm at the office right now and can take better pictures tonight, but I've found photos of it in online that match, Steiner Tractor Parts calls it an ABC359

2022-03-14 12_56_05-Greenshot.jpg
2022-03-14 12_57_16-Greenshot.jpg
ABC359 (1).jpg
ABC359-END (1).jpg

/ Weird Bulb - 12v45W with odd base, hi/low beams - any alternates for a plug n play replacement? #5  
Very common headlight bulb on the Asian built Fords, Massey’s, Deere, and Kubotas. I can’t remember the number, but my NAPA had them in stock

/ Weird Bulb - 12v45W with odd base, hi/low beams - any alternates for a plug n play replacement? #6  
I think that is a p30d base. Old style pre-focused bulb.
Found one that might fit, but you need to check measurements

/ Weird Bulb - 12v45W with odd base, hi/low beams - any alternates for a plug n play replacement?

Now that's exactly the kind of stuff I was hoping to get with this post! I will most definitely check measurement for that bulb as it looks like just what I am looking for. Thank you for sharing that!!!

/ Weird Bulb - 12v45W with odd base, hi/low beams - any alternates for a plug n play replacement? #8  
I just got two in for my Kubota from this guy on ebay today. Havent had time to install. He list them by the tractors they fit.

IMG_4824.JPG

/ Weird Bulb - 12v45W with odd base, hi/low beams - any alternates for a plug n play replacement? #9  
They will fit just fine. What I refitted both my Kubota M9's with actually and if the op wants some bulbs, I have 4 good ones in the shop I'll send him...

Only issue is, they come direct from China so it takes a while to get them but they do come eventually.

The LED's are a ton better than the OEM bulbs.

/ Weird Bulb - 12v45W with odd base, hi/low beams - any alternates for a plug n play replacement? #10  
I see now there is a local (domestic seller), probably buying in bulk from the Chinese sell I bought mine from and reselling them for a profit. I had to wait for mine and they are identical to the ones in the Flea Bay ad.

I've actually converted both my M9's over to LED's 100%. Most of the bulbs I purchased from Superbright Led's. They carry a wide array of lights and have a lifetime money back guarantee (that I have used in the past without issue I might add). Nice folks to deal with, ship quick and stand behind their stuff. I recommend them 100%.

They don't have everything, but pretty close.

The prime reason for switching was bulb replacement. LED's for the most part are lifetime. Conventional filament bulbs aren't and some of the lamps on my M9's are difficult to access, especially tail lights.

One thing I left conventional were the emergency flashers and turn signal dual filament bulbs. The issue with LED's is they don't draw enough juice to activate the turn signal/emergency flasher module unless you install a resistor inline with the bulb leads. I just left them conventional. Besides they are easy to access.