Water pump on mf135 continental year 1967

/ Water pump on mf135 continental year 1967 #1  

Tpiton

Tractor
mf135 1967 gas engine
Hi folks, I have a neewbie question. I have a 1967 mf135 gas engine. I notice a quite bit of slack on the spindle that has the cooling fan on. I've done a little research, i found out that it's the water pump pulley. Do i need to change the water pump or is there a bearing to change between the pulley and the pump ? Can i take the shaft off the pump ? it's sold seperatly

Last edited:
   / Water pump on mf135 continental year 1967
the new water pulley would be this part. How is put together on the pump
1708638617869.png

Last edited:
or do i need to by this ?
1708640686875.png

/ Water pump on mf135 continental year 1967 #4  
If yours is the original, no telling when the seal would go. Buy the new one and install.

If yours is the original, no telling when the seal would go. Buy the new one and install.
don't know if't's the original. How much of a job is to change the whole thing with the pump versus changing the pulley ?

/ Water pump on mf135 continental year 1967 #6  
I've got a '67 135 with Cont. engine....and yes, I changed out the water pump....It is the same amount of work/disassembly of the tractor no matter which..so just do the pump/pulley together....you will note that the pulley (as well as I remember) is pressed on...so get it all together at the start...

I've got a '67 135 with Cont. engine....and yes, I changed out the water pump....It is the same amount of work/disassembly of the tractor no matter which..so just do the pump/pulley together....you will note that the pulley (as well as I remember) is pressed on...so get it all together at the start...
i just need to remove the radiator and everything look accessible right ?