Water-glassed eggs (pickling lime) and hard-boiling… my results.

/ Water-glassed eggs (pickling lime) and hard-boiling… my results.
I use a little smoked paprika, garlic and also color the eggs by adding garden fresh beets.
I will likely end up making a batch of pickled beets, and making the jars 50/50 beets and eggs for MrsKilroyJC - she is SERIOUSLY averse to any hot stuff (and I can’t get enough, which means MORE FOR ME 😂🤣😂)

Thanks for the update and I’m glad you liked them! The sausages add a lot of flavor to the eggs. I like to add a bit of liquid smoke to the recipe too.
UPDATED UPDATE:

Last night, while sitting on the porch watching the leaves fall, the chickens scratch, the sun set, and the pillbillies go up and down our road conducting ”free enterprise”. . . I had a couple more eggs & snausages, and MrsKilroyJC said to me “You know, that smells really good.”

I KNOW for a fact they are WAAAAY too spicy for her, but I think I will be making a batch that has 1/8th the amount of cayenne and red pepper, up the garlic proportion with fresh garlic, add some liquid smoke, and maybe a touch of honey. . .

I will report back on that project when it happens, but I thought you would like that Miss Delicate Palate had a positive reaction 😂🤣😂

/ Water-glassed eggs (pickling lime) and hard-boiling… my results. #34  
UPDATED UPDATE:

Last night, while sitting on the porch watching the leaves fall, the chickens scratch, the sun set, and the pillbillies go up and down our road conducting ”free enterprise”. . . I had a couple more eggs & snausages, and MrsKilroyJC said to me “You know, that smells really good.”

I KNOW for a fact they are WAAAAY too spicy for her, but I think I will be making a batch that has 1/8th the amount of cayenne and red pepper, up the garlic proportion with fresh garlic, add some liquid smoke, and maybe a touch of honey. . .

I will report back on that project when it happens, but I thought you would like that Miss Delicate Palate had a positive reaction 😂🤣😂
Sound like your wife is much like mine! She’s not fond of spicy food either, but she has developed a liking for the cheddar and bacon crackers that I posted the recipe for here a while back. They go great with the pickled eggs and sausages too.

Sound like your wife is much like mine! She’s not fond of spicy food either, but she has developed a liking for the cheddar and bacon crackers that I posted the recipe for here a while back. They go great with the pickled eggs and sausages too.
Lately Mrs. has decided she doesn’t like bacon as much as she used to, which means MORE FOR ME!

I picked up a bottle each of Stubb’s Liquid Smoke in Hickory and Mesquite for experimentation purposes.

and now I need to head to the fridge…

/ Water-glassed eggs (pickling lime) and hard-boiling… my results. #36  
Lately Mrs. has decided she doesn’t like bacon as much as she used to, which means MORE FOR ME!

I picked up a bottle each of Stubb’s Liquid Smoke in Hickory and Mesquite for experimentation purposes.

and now I need to head to the fridge…
Bac'n, bac'n . . . bac'n, ummmm!