Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing
The sticks pulled back to you will stop you, but yes it has brakes and a E-brake.
Seriously??
I’d take a used ZD331 for $7500 over a lot of new ZTs.
The ZD1511's were one of the machines effected by the horrible motor that Kubota put out during that B3350 debacle. Someone told me recently that they bought a '21 model ZD1511 and they were having the same regen problems so I'm not sure if Kubota has even updated the engines in them yet.
In the pantheon of classic Zero turns, its in the top 3, IMO.
How does it cut?

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #352  
Cahaba Valley Farm,

Heres another machine you might consider. I picked it up a year ago for more challenging terrain Than even the ZD could handle. Its a bit closer to a tractor. 36HP cylinder diesel, Hydrostatic, power steering 4WD, locking Diff, 72” pro deck.
Things a beast. For mowing and plow snow, run a flail mower out front, pull a trailer, run a vacuum.
I have that one place I mentioned thats hilly as you can walk up and the thing climbs hills and descends them like its on tracks. No DPF, either.

1648946241595.jpeg

1648945871881.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #353  
Seriously??

The ZD1511's were one of the machines effected by the horrible motor that Kubota put out during that B3350 debacle. Someone told me recently that they bought a '21 model ZD1511 and they were having the same regen problems so I'm not sure if Kubota has even updated the engines in them yet.

How does it cut?

Seriously about the sticks pulled back? Or the brakes? Once you let go of the sticks on my ZD331, even going up or down hill, it just comes to a stop. Pull back on them and it reverses

I heard about the ZD1511 problems, too. The DPFs screwed up a lot of other brands & machines, too.

It cuts like a dream.

Go find a used one. You will love it. Guaranteed

Last edited:
Cahaba Valley Farm,

Heres another machine you might consider. I picked it up a year ago for more challenging terrain Than even the ZD could handle. Its a bit closer to a tractor. 36HP cylinder diesel, Hydrostatic, power steering 4WD, locking Diff, 72” pro deck.
Things a beast. For mowing and plow snow, run a flail mower out front, pull a trailer, run a vacuum.
I have that one place I mentioned thats hilly as you can walk up and the thing climbs hills and de ends them like its on tracks. No DPF, either.

View attachment 740108
Yeah I looked at them a while back but those things are serious money 🤑 As Username Taken would say, the people who buy those have that "goobermint" money.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #356  
I'm thinking the reason you haven't had much of a problem is because that mower has a gear reduction. It's one of the only ZT's on the market that does have one. One of the problems I have personally encountered with them is when you are going down a hill or even pointed down a hill they can get away from you. They have no foot brakes and almost all of them have no gear reductions.
I'm not sure I get how gear reduction helps a z turn from getting away from you on hills?
Lack of traction can cause that, but gear reduction would make no difference there.

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #357  
The brakes.

I will take a look into them. You got me curious.
The brakes are almost unused on both my machines. The hydro motors are pretty big and will bring you to a stop almost instantly. I only use the brakes to start the machine, mostly (brake safety switch).

Really depends on how much grass you have to cut and how fast you want it done. If its a lot and you want it done fast, a ZT is the answer to your prayers.

I use mine for cutting some common areas in some small parks and pretty good sized developments. Gotta move fast and have good cut quality or you aint makin no money. ;)

/ Warning About Dealers And Their Pricing #358  
Yeah I looked at them a while back but those things are serious money 🤑 As Username Taken would say, the people who buy those have that "goobermint" money.
Weird chit I own a Kubota ZTR diesel and NEVER used government money to purchase mine.Some folks are clueless its called get your lazy ass out of bed and go to work everyday as in EARN YOUR KEEP.Some young folks of today expect free chit given to them sad but true..

Attachments

• Ford Truck 122.jpg
    Ford Truck 122.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 357
  • Ford Truck 125.jpg
    Ford Truck 125.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 176

The brakes are almost unused on both my machines. The hydro motors are pretty big and will bring you to a stop almost instantly. I only use the brakes to start the machine, mostly (brake safety switch).
That's surprising those things have brakes. That's the first ZT I have ever heard of that has that.